Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so my first two attempt at slingshots
Love them Both
The three-quarter inch thick aluminum turtle has become one of my go to shooters
Just made the OPFS and feels great Heavy sure griped in the hand yet not to heavy shoots dead on
So this has been fun just wanted to show off thanks
10815F1B-3089-4666-8084-EADF74D2752F.jpeg

Attachments

·
Banned
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Man's got some skills!
Thanks
I like the shooting part best having a blast , and the group of people is why I'm here
I want 30 cans in 1 min
My new goal in life lol
And someday I might have the talent to tie your shoes
If I work hard you guys are so far Advanced than me with pouring all this polyurethane and super rubber and clear liquid and whatever and all that other stuff . Makes for good reading I ll play around building a few frames with the right wood and a few opfs-pfs but that building stuff is a hobby all by itself and I want to shoot a slingshot for my hobby
So I'll stick reading and watching and when I see something Purdy bye and if nobody will give me what I want then I make it lol
Thank
Sling flu it real I have it bad sometimes even slip into the Fever and start making things like I knew what I was doing
Took 10 marble shots took away the temperature I'm back to shooting now just a mild flu Now lol
Thanks guys
Love your Drive and talent Mr. Hayes thank it

·
Banned
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just thinking
3/4" aluminum cut OPFS traditional
Ball palm swell but flat from fork tips at least 2"to 2.5 down to keep the DU G.I. traditional style look I don't want it to look like a J5 with those kind of slants
Just thinking
695327BF-601E-4A5C-BA36-4A4E8889D492.jpeg
DB61C8E9-6319-45AB-87AC-DAA2861027A2.jpeg
7CEC79B7-BF77-4C5B-9826-A12ED74297A6.jpeg

Attachments

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Those look great man especially for your first builds, I really like that turtle it looks hefty.

Reactions: Ironarmknives

·
Banned
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It is stout but not really as heavy as it looks this one of my every day shooters very comfortable but yeah definitely heavier than plastic
So still thinking someone told me it would not be a OPFS because it was going to be too fat and is not small and fast
First of all that really hurt my feelings the fat thing
I plan on carving out a lot of that
So thinking if I was a caveman and had no tools how would I make this faster lighter , duel carbs , NO , duel exhaust no , I did think about drilling one hole in each side and inserting a rod that can be extended out and make a full-size slingshot it's thick enough for that LOL
So still thinking

Attachments

·
Banned
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Few more holes
Made it so as u can put bands slip in , a buddy cant tie so this might help in his bad days
Then hole's for tubes if he didn't want to tie
I don't know what I'm doing but it looks good I need to go get a hacksaw to make the cut for the band and then I'll start tapering
Have not decided on that yet . At this point it would make a great template :)
F--- cut my finger grinder yes still goes real fast ! When you bend down to look at something take your finger off the trigger , Stitches probably but I was a combat medic think I am not going to the hospital where all the sick people are Aid bag ? !!!!
Superglue iodine some good bandages works ,
DD0F8CF6-286F-4EEA-8AED-5A0FB8AEE67D.jpeg

4236371A-DF81-47B9-A718-ED947921420E.jpeg

Attachments

·
Banned
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks
It works not what I was expecting but he'll like it
Don't think the palm swell works as good on such a small item with a sling a tad bigger you can get a bigger swell I think I could see it this is just a little flipper and he has some bad hand so this will help him a lot I think he doesn't want light he wants Haivy says he can't feel a little carbon footprint his hand but he can feel weight so a perfict built 0PFS for him , couldn't ask for anything better

Hmmmmm thinking !!! :)
4DA07DEB-B05F-4172-937F-3FE2FDE0F39F.jpeg

t 609B4CA3-D40D-49C3-AF8C-25C55049100A.jpeg
3/4" aluminum
Would make a nice hd sling lol

The frame a little to big for my hand love the forks it's like the target dragon I got from samurai the HDPE
Love it but tif if I trimmed the hand part down 1/4" or so I ll like it
Looking for some Bocote first but I could carve one out of 3/4" stock lol

Attachments

1 - 20 of 33 Posts