Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
12,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can never tell if there are members in the Forum that are just starting out and are hesitant to ask or don’t know what to ask. I hope everyone feels comfortable asking any questions they may have concerning slingshots. I’ve been very fortunate to be introduced to slingshots by some of the best people I’ve ever known.
If someone has a question they feel is too insignificant, send me a message and I will help you find hopefully the correct answer.

Here is a target that Light Geoduck posted a few years back. Trace the bottom of a soda can and step back to 33ft. See how many shots you can hit out of five. If you feel more comfortable move up until it’s still a challenge, but slightly easier.
You can put a mark in the center of the circle to help. Focus on the center mark each and every time, regardless of your accuracy. Each time your accuracy gets better move back. I believe your focusing on the center of the target will continue to help you improve on every target.

I wish I could take credit for the target idea, but I owe it all to my fellow members.

· Premium Member
3,336 Posts
Thank you, @Tag for being the fine gentleman that you are.

It is a lot when you first start. And managing the elephant in small bites is very important. But big bites are so tempting when your so dang hungry! Haha... here a little, there a little and taking your time on the way to sling mastery is the most enjoyable way.

And I, too, love to answer questions about slingshots. Put me on the list of people here who will answer any and all questions to the best of my ability.

One caution is most often the ask-er will have to answer their own question, but the good news is we know they processes to help you do that.

Take what Tag shared about Light Geoduck and this.

Trace a dinner plate onto a big white posterboard the trace the can and place the 'dot'. Don't think about it just see the dot and shoot. Your hands, eyes, and mind will start to figure it out because you can see where each shot is going.

Thanks, Tag.

Carry on now.

· Aimstinctivist
1,051 Posts
You make a good point Mr. Tag. Sometimes it's difficult for those of us with synchronous eye/hand coordination and cat-like reflexes to relate to the problems faced by our more clumsy kindred. Not that we don't sympathize, sometimes we can do nothing but shake our heads in pity. This topic always brings to mind a post by an ancient member who I recently learned perished in an Asian Giant Hornet attack while in Nepal. Thing is, the levels described apply to all of us, in one form or another, from our most oafish brethren to those of us with elite athletic prowess. :) There's no shame in it whatsoever-

The Slingshooting Scale Of Progression: SSOP

1 - 4 of 4 Posts