Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
life is like a vacation????????????, we work, save money plan all the details and when we reach our destination, it’s not always what we planned for. We spend so much time on what we think will make us happy, we miss the important things in life.i feel if we enjoyed the little things in life such as freinds, and family no matter what the end of our journey is, the trip was a success. With all the chaos and disrespect in our lives today, I asked myself did I get life right???? Well I definetly did some (ok a lot????‍♂) of things I will never be able to change, but it’s definitely made me a a lot better than I expected???? thank all of you in this Forum for making my journey in life a lot more enjoyable. I hope we all continue to stay in touch through the years.

·
Banned
193 Posts
You mention all of the chaos and disrespect in our lives today. From my standpoint, I have not experienced the chaos and disrespect that goes on across the country that I only know about from the internet and radio news sources. I threw the television set in the trash about ten years ago. So now my news comes from Rush Limbaugh and Face Book which is somewhat unreliable. My point being is that I read and hear about all of the chaos and disrespect but here on the Central Coast of California it isn't like the news portrays it at all. I can proudly wear my MAKE AMERICA GREAT cap into a store or restaurant and enjoy the positive comments and pats on the back for doing so.

My personal experiences indicate to me that our little piece of the world is just about what we decide and do to make it so. Go around looking for the bad in life and it is sure to find us. Look for what is great and it will appear before our eyes.

As for staying in touch over the years, I've certainly noticed in the short time I've been here on the forum that members come and go constantly. A new member appears and is soon gone and even some of the old timers stop posting without explanation. Some show up again in time and others don't. We're connected via the forum only in most cases. My true friends are those rare individuals who check in on me with their daily or weekly phone calls. Granted that over almost 70 years of life I only have six such close friends who count me in their daily blessings but I would not trade those six guys for a hundred fly by night acquaintances who really don't mean it when they say how are you doing.

Life is pretty much what we make it be. So, I'm all for expanding my horizons and connecting with new people in the community when the opportunities present themselves. But it takes time to develop close personal friendships and maybe there is just enough chaos out there that keeps us from connecting with others. I've had a couple of great guys here on the forum PM me and make a connection and even one who went to the trouble to dig up my phone number and give me a couple of calls just to further the connection. I'll stay in touch with him for sure since he made the effort to connect and recognize some similar life situations and offered his advice on facing the daily struggles of life. For me, that is the real deal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts