Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and guyettes

Here it is August and I only have 30 more days to get myself ready for the big shoot out with the guards at the local prison. I'm surprised that you guys haven't got curious about the affair. Especially you GP since you sorta got me into this situation.

Here is the hot skinny on the deal.

#1. We each throw 10 bucks in the pot. Winner takes all.

#2. We shoot a standard target from 10 meters.

#3 We all have to shoot our EDC weapon. No fancydan target stuff.

#4. We each step to the line like a gentleman using one hand and fire 6 shots.

#5. There is myself and Hugo (a lad that I am teaching) on one team and three young men who work at the prison on the other.

I don't plan on rolling over for these knotheads, they are going to know that we came to shoot! Right now Hugo is shooting better than me. (maybe those who can't..teach). For the life of me, I can't get consistent, One day this week, I shot well enough to maybe win. The rest of the last month I have shot like I had a broken wrist. I think making a bunch of naturals and tinkering with styles has messed me up. For the next 30 days, I plan to use one slingshot only and learn to shoot it as well as I can.

I'll try to keep you guys posted on the progress, and hope I'm not boring ya'll to death.

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
What! This is the first I have heard of this...

1st, I am team slinger ere'time.

2nd, We love pics...and videos.

Good luck, SJAaz. Hope you knock 'em down fast and hard.

·
Missing Barns and Telling Yarns
985 Posts
Good luck! Consistent practice with the one frame and you'll be shooting gnat's eyes by the time Sept. rolls around. Have they met the kid Hugo yet? If not maybe Bill Hays or someone nearby can drive over and be a ringer :rofl:

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Which slingshot are you going to use?
I settled on one tonight. A natural Shooting 3/8 shot, 3/4 SSblack bands with about 81/2' of working length, 3/4 SS black pouch. I didn't shoot well with it tonight, but it feels right in my hand, and I like the draw. I feel like it is going to give me my best chance. Anchor point seems to be under my cheek bone which I hope to figure out sometime.

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
100 rounds a day, same sling. You'll be threading needles by the end of the month!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Took your advice. Found a container that will hold just over 100 3/8 shot. Each morn I will fill it up and finish it by evening. Took about 40-50 this morning. Started getting a little rattled so I stopped for a while. This setup takes a real soft release, just have to barely let the pouch slip thru my grip. If I can do that, it goes fairly true.

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Man! You have a whole mess of correctional facilities down there. I didn't know there were so many. Better sleep with that slingshot under your pillow.
You're not kidding! I think about half the folks down here are packing heat.

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Good luck! Consistent practice with the one frame and you'll be shooting gnat's eyes by the time Sept. rolls around. Have they met the kid Hugo yet? If not maybe Bill Hays or someone nearby can drive over and be a ringer :rofl:
Every one has met except the third man that they are going to run in. I fear a little ringer stuff myself! Need to find myself one to counter theirs. My ringer may very well be Hugo. Nobody is going to suspect him. If the kid keeps coming over, he is going to scare the bejeepers out of them :naughty: :naughty:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts