Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a neat project that a few of us have been working on for a little while now. Let's just say it's a 'well traveled' slingshot. I carved it out of a fork from a Linden tree here in the garden state. From here it went to SJAaz where he put this unbelieveable electro-fracked lightning effect on it. It's amazing. Then it went on to lbojoe in Arkansas for the finish work. After taking a bazillion pics, I've resigned myself to the fact that I cant capture the colors of this finish in a picture. Its Iridescent. I'm having a hard time even describing it except to say that it's really really cool!
So that's New Jersey to Arizona to Arkansas. Now that its finished, the three of us have decided to continue its journey, and give it away. We've elected Steve (SJAaz) as the grand poobah of the give away and will answer questions if any.
Ok. Here's the rules: steve has drawn a number that is between 1 and 1000. Simply reply to this thread with your guess. The closest guess to Steve's number wins. If you are a current or former member of the armed forces, you get an extra guess.
That's it. Good luck everyone and thanks for looking.

Attachments

·
Neophyte
2,000 Posts
That is a beautiful slingshot, I will guess 665 :)

Reactions: Ibojoe and bingo

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Hi guys...

Just want to say that I don't want to limit this just to North America. If you are a member, we'll work out the shipping somehow. Also, if you are a vet, not only do you get two guesses, but I'll foot the bill no matter where. Today is the 5TH. of Apr. so lets run the give away until the 20th. That should give everyone a chance to get in.

PS: You really have to see this to realize what a beautiful job Chris and Joe did on it! It is absolutely one of a kind.

Good luck to all. Be safe...we are all in this together.

·
Mojave Mo
4,821 Posts
No way!! I thought you guys were just teasing and we're going to give it to the International Sling Museum!!
I'm in on the good ol' 440. Dodge put out Highway Patrol Cars with the 440 under the hood. My Pops and I dropped a 440 from a total cruiser into a 1969 Buick LeSabre. I could have for my entire SlingShop into the backseat of that beast!
P.S. My number is 440, not 1969!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Missing Barns and Telling Yarns
955 Posts
Whoah, what a beauty! Thanks for the opportunity guys.

I'll guess 809!

Reactions: Ibojoe

·
Registered
812 Posts
That's a beautiful piece! I'm in with 973.Thanks

Reactions: Ibojoe

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi guys...
Just want to say that I don't want to limit this just to North America. If you are a member, we'll work out the shipping somehow. Also, if you are a vet, not only do you get two guesses, but I'll foot the bill no matter where. Today is the 5TH. of Apr. so lets run the give away until the 20th. That should give everyone a chance to get in.

PS: You really have to see this to realize what a beautiful job Chris and Joe did on it! It is absolutely one of a kind.
And dont forget about the lightning effect. It's the first time IVE ever seen that done on a slingshot.this frame would be nothing without it. Great job Steve!

·
Mojave Mo
4,821 Posts
Hi guys...

And dont forget about the lightning effect. It's the first time IVE ever seen that done on a slingshot.this frame would be nothing without it. Great job Steve!
I'm glad Steve is certifiable to play with lightning! I shocked the begeezus out of myself when I was 12 with an electric weedwacker.... haven't felt the same since!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 82 Posts