Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
Hello everyone. I posted a few days ago about some stuff I got in the mail. Well, I finally got around to banding up Skit Slunga's little mini skitie. I used the TheraBand Black he gave me and made a pouch out of the leather he sent. Awesome leather, Skit. Sorry I didn't get in into the pics.
The Thera Black is really, really nice. Believe me, it is fast and accurate. Skit was experimenting with butterfly shooting -- but no way am I gonna try that -- so I was unsure of the length that was best, but I used his width measurements, which were taper from 1" down to 5/8" but I doubled and made one band per side and folded. I used a formula I learned from one of Baumstamm's posts to get the length. My draw is about 33" so I cut the bands 6" in length. They were perfect.

This little thing is an awful lot of fun to shoot and the workmanship on it is top shelf all the way.

Here's some pics.

This truly is a nice little slingshot to put into your pocket (could even fit into a shirt pocket) and it is real easy to shoot with the black thera. Great job, Skit! And thanks again for everything.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
I was worried it was tiny... omg ima dwarf!
Glad you found it a likable lil squirt of a S'Kitty ...don't let the butterfly scare ya Bill- I was drawing 54" (@137cm) and there was still room for more if I cared to try. Ziiiiiiiiing!

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Size and draw strength are deceptively poor indicators of accuracy and kinetic energy. You should put on long tapered TB Black butterfly bands. I expect that this would shoot like more of a magnificent elephant gun than a Derringer.

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Size and draw strength are deceptively poor indicators of accuracy and kinetic energy. You should put on long tapered TB Black butterfly bands. I expect that this would shoot like more of a magnificent elephant gun than a Derringer.
After seeing how Skit broke one doing the butterfly thing, I'm afraid to. Now that I have the black theraband, though, I think I'll try it with some other less valuable and stronger slingshot. Probably a small natural. Stay tuned.

·
Resigned
5,563 Posts
If you tilt it farward by several degrees nearly as if you were pointing with it you will never ever hit a fork or finger and hand slaps will be less. I find smaller shoots faster, farther, and harder with more pin point accuracy. You have your shooter now that is more a part of your hand so now you can point and knock the snot out of something without aiming. If you havent yet try Tex Express Bands one on each fork and leave them up to nine inches long and pull er back baby pull er back. You will have a cannon in your hand. Smaller is better at least in this case. You made a very good lookin shooter.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Yup 30cm x 2.3 x 1.1 with a light pouch . I was drawing to 54" or 137 cm, give or take, but was still some stretch in the black thera- just not in my old shoulder. Not quite a .44 magnum derringer but was pretty durned nice. I did find that horizontal forks held 90° to the target and a flip follow thru worked best for me. Tilting forward during draw and release is where the fork hits came for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts