Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a Pocket Predator cast aluminum Pocket Ranger from Mr. Monkey Nipples in Las Vegas, Nevada. I'd actually paid for it already when he told me it was the small Ranger and not the Big Ranger like the one Bill Gave me. I doubt that I would have bought it if I'd known it was the Pocket Ranger. He offered my money back, but I have improved enough in the past several months that I am getting along well with the smaller frames so chose to go ahead with the purchase. I am glad I did after holding it in my hand. It is even smaller than I thought it would be but fits my hand really well. I'm going to like it for sure and it will find a place in my go everywhere pants pocket or who knows, I might even dust off the leather shop bench and make a pouch to carry it in.

I doubt that I can use Pro Clips with it due to the smaller fork tips. I even doubt that the new Gen X Flip Clips will work. Anyway, I tied the bands on that came with it and shot a dozen rounds through it before it got dark. Nice shooting. Shoots as well as the Big Ranger does. Bill mentioned making a mini Tarus, well this is a mini Ranger and very nicely done for sure. I can't imagine wanting it any smaller even if the Champ shot a smaller frame. My hands fit this Pocket Ranger like it was made to fit my hand. I'll do some experimenting and see how bolting the bands through the fork hole works out. Sure would like to have it fitted with something like the Pro Clip Sight but will have to wait until tomorrow morning to see if the Pro Clips will fit this little guy. NO WAY.

I do like and am glad it happens to be camo finished. This frame pretty much cinches the deal for me. I can now begin the process of listing my other frames on the forum classifieds to thin down the herd and give someone else a chance to add to their collection. But for sure this Pocket Ranger is a Keeper and will be with me pretty much everywhere I go with the Big Ranger reserved for my daily practice sessions at my Station Two Shooting Range.

If you have hesitated to buy the Pocket Ranger from Pro Shot, go for it. I'm betting it is even superior to the MS Hunter. If you are looking for a small ergo pocketable slingshot, this is definitely the one and only you will ever need.

Jolly Roger

Attachments

·
Registered
465 Posts
Nice acquisition Mr. JR looks mighty pocketable and it sounds like it will serve your purposes well.

Happy shooting!

Sent using two thumbs and Tapatalk.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
been waiting to hear that information going to order one in the morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just noticed that I failed to mention that the Pocket Ranger can be banded Over The Top or Through The Forks. I tied the bands on TTF just like my Big Ranger is set up. I may as well use it for TTF practice in hopes it will be the same as shooting the Big Ranger. I believe this little guy will be able to handle everything from BBs to 1/2" steel Ball Bearings. But seems ideal for 3/8 or 5/16 steel.

Let me know if I failed to mention anything else and I'll fill in the gaps.

·
SLING-N-SHOT
4,162 Posts
I just noticed that I failed to mention that the Pocket Ranger can be banded Over The Top or Through The Forks. I tied the bands on TTF just like my Big Ranger is set up. I may as well use it for TTF practice in hopes it will be the same as shooting the Big Ranger. I believe this little guy will be able to handle everything from BBs to 1/2" steel Ball Bearings. But seems ideal for 3/8 or 5/16 steel.

Thanks for the review and the post JR, but I for one, would LOVE to see a clearer pic of it if you can ?

·
Registered
625 Posts
Great review
Yeah it was. I really like the idea of a smaller Ranger. I sure like the regular Ranger but always have leaned toward smaller frames.

Reactions: hoggy

·
Banned
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Thanks for the review and the post JR, but I for one, would LOVE to see a clearer pic of it if you can ?
Go to Pro Shot .com and look at the Ranger and Pocket Ranger on the website under Pocket Predator Slingshots for a clearer picture.

·
Banned
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes they are on the Pro Shot website under Pocket Predator Slingshots. Not on the Pocket Predator website. You have to order them from Pro Shot in the UK which means if you order two or three frames you will be getting a big break on shipping costs.

Thanks, J. Roger... I really need extra small frames. Likely I will get one due to this shared information.

Edit- are these on the website? I did not see them.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
This Pocket Ranger seems heavy when holding it in my hand. But when I shove it in my pants pocket I forget it is there. I even grabbed another slingshot to shoot be remembering I had the little Ranger in my pants pocket.
Ive done that with my Kestrel at least 5 times lol. Oh well, two slings cant hurt if I already forgot I had one on me lol.

Sent using two thumbs and Tapatalk.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Check 3:33 on Bill's video...
For anyone too lazy to click, it's one of Bill's more recent videos in which he talks about the ProShot aluminum renditions of his Ranger, Mini Ranger, and Taurus. He does mention that they'll be available in polycarbonate eventually, which is why I assume Northerner linked the video (thanks!). Maybe that's what is coming soon. I'm still hoping for a mini taurus in polycarbonate but that seems unlikely.

Nice write-up JR.

·
Banned
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks guys for the comments on the good review. But there are so many things that I left out and have occasional thoughts of what could have or should have been included. For instance, today while shooting the Pocket Ranger and carrying it in my pocket back to the house I had a flashback thought. This little slingshot reminds me of the Colt Detective Special I used to carry in an ankle holster when I was off duty or working plain clothes assignments. Always there ready and available but not obtrusive, bulky or too heavy to carry concealed.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts