Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
1,669 Posts
way to go! my dad recently brought me a whole bin of scrap oak from rebuilding a staircase, all of it slingshot worthy! nothign is better than free slingshot mterials!

· Registered
2,270 Posts
Yes its like Xmas for ne hehe.. what I love about Blackwood is the variation and contrast in the timber,it can have pink, blonde even dark tones in it, and it changes colour if the grain is turned from horizontal, to verticle, well its how the light reflects of it that gives the illusion any way..

Attachments

· Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Alright I have 3prices of Blackwood that I will part with, nothing wrong at all with em, just feeling generous... two are gone, pm me guys for your choice of each block that you want, I have selected a blonde, pink and dark tone, first in best dressed... I would love to swap for some ebony or iron wood...

· Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So if youre lamenting you can get vivid grain contrast by exposing the end grain,onto a simple ply cut, or do the main grain verticle, and shape a palm swell by adhering an other piece preferably pre rounded one side, opposite grain track to the main fork...

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.