Slingshots Forum banner

Jörg is here, too!

2K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  icyrapier 
#1 ·
Hello,

with great excitement, I have joined this new forum. Seems the slingshot community is growing fast! That is fantastic.

I am looking forward to great discussions and news.

Jörg

#2 ·
Yes, and hopefully with enough freedom to discuss openly this great sport! No favorites or bias from the forum so we can allow awesome evolution of slingshots for ADULT shooters to enjoy!

#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
That is what I was hoping for when I signed up, so thank you for our freedom! We wouldn't be on one of these forums if we didn't love to make and shoot our creations and those of others. I don't believe anyone has ever meant any kind of harm to our sport on our beloved world wide way of sharing our passion. Without freedom to share, our growth will be stunted. I'd like to see our sport grow where we have slingshot events, all over, all the time.
I realize that sometimes a ref. is needed, but where there is discussion, there will be what appears to be arguing, but when you believe you are right, you want to be PROVEN to be wrong. That is how we get better.

#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
I realize that sometimes a ref. is needed, but where there is discussion, there will be what appears to be arguing, but when you believe you are right, you want to be PROVEN to be wrong. That is how we get better.
I totally agree. I tell my employees that all the time. "Someone tell my why opinion is wrong. Prove me wrong." Then again, I am a professed know-it-all.

#11 ·
Hello Joerg Sprave. I joined a few days ago because I have been watching your e-mail posts on Youtube for several months and subscribed to your site out of great interest. I have been interested in slingshots since I was a kid and have had a few sling shots during that time, either simple ones made from a fork from a tree or the cheaper store bought ones. From what I've seen from you and a few other people even home made sling shots are pretty fancy especially the ones you've designed and built. I live in Gering, Nebraska (western Nebraska) and there is a lot of hunting to be done out here not only small game such as squirrels, prairie dogs etc. but, doves, quail, ducks and geese but also deer, prong horn sheep too. So you see there are lots of challenges for a sling shooter to try. LOL! If your ever in this neck of the woods let me know and my wife and I will show you around. You and yours PLEASE stay safe! Darren Wayne West, NavVet/ CajunPilot1963

#12 ·
Jorg, love your YouTube channel.
When I was young I used to imagine making a rail gun that shoots circular saw blades or Chinese throwing stars.
If you had a dual rail system with the top rail to guide the blade and a lower rail that declined at an angle and held a rod that went inside the center hole in the blade and with a design somewhat similar to your bone-crusher, I believe you could make a weapon that you could send razor sharp flying disks at some amazing distances and speeds.
So Jorg, here's another challenge for you!
Steve-o Boise, Idaho USA

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.