Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy New Year, Slingfamily.

As mentioned in the teaser post a couple days ago, MattWalt and I have cooked up something a little cheeky/different for the first challenge of the year!

It's no secret that Matt is our resident template Wizard. I went to him and said something like "Hey, do you think you could make a functioning template from the Slingshot Forum Sling+Shield Logo?"

Yes, the one on the top left of the screen!

To no one's surprise he had it done in less than a day. It ought to be attached below.

We're calling it the SSF (Slingshot Forum) Dominator for it's burly shape! We'll kick the year off in style with a battalion of SSF Mascot Frames.

Matt also drew up a slightly stretched, more beginner-friendly version with taller, narrower forks for those newer to shooting or Pinch-Grippers.

My challenge to you this January 2019 is to put together a Dominator (or two or three or ten..)

Show us the progress shots, share your building tips! There's no minimum skill requirement here. Put your spin on it! All are welcome and encouraged to throw down!

In related news, there may be a sister thread to this challenge - a build+swap for those willing to participate.. But that's a bridge we'll cross when we get to it!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
As Perry of A+ Slingshots said when I asked permission to use his Cyclops design for one of my wood butchery projects "That's not my Cyclops." If you look closely and kind of squint, I think that you can sort of see the Dominator template in there, somewhere. Next step is to cut out the fork gap and then trace it on some plywood and start the butchery!

I can almost hear the plywood piece exclaiming "I have been chosen!! Farewell, my friends! I go on to a better place."

Shorts Sportswear Symmetry Pattern Cutting mat

Attachments

1 - 20 of 56 Posts