Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not my idea this - I saw something like it on a Youtube video which I can't find again so can't quote. This is made from a bit of Ikea shelf and a couple of 25mm hinges. It works a treat.
Wood Rectangle Creative arts Art Metal
Wood Rectangle Hardwood Auto part Wood stain
Wood Rectangle Musical instrument accessory Hardwood Wood stain
Wood Line Musical instrument accessory Nickel Aluminium
Wood Table Bumper Hardwood Art
Wood Musical instrument Musical instrument accessory String instrument accessory Art

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As it is, it's very effective and quick but the design could do with a bit of fettling - the wooden blocks could be a bit shorter and the area between them cut out a bit for more finger room. You have to round off the ends of the hinges and make them nice and smooth. I found with the clamps I was using earlier that the tape I put over the jaws was a bit slippery.

I fiddled around with epoxy resin for a bit but the blocks were sliding around as I was clamping them so I gave up and used double sided tape to hold them while I drilled and screwed them in place. I'm quite chuffed with it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I haven't tried with flats yet - got to get some Theraband black and give it a go with some fairly wide rubber.

The bit of band springing the hinges can be adjusted for tension. I've been using 2040 tubes (single and double) and with the tension band set fairly light it holds very well and the first door wedges tighter shut as the catapult bands are pulled through the second door. It helps to give the second door a bit of a squeeze as you let go of the bands that side.

·
Premium Member
4,900 Posts
Thanks for sharing!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts