Slingshots Forum banner
21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
SLING-N-SHOT
5,770 Posts
Ok so making my on with soft grip clamps what distance would I be wanting the clamp jaws apart??
Bingo. Check out this YouTube link. I thought it brilliant simple, and I like room to move my hands to wrap and tie and such.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Yes, I second this jig.....i made me one up right after Can Vandal posted this video, and is so easy and simple you use....def my go to jig for tying bands to pouches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,109 Posts
Ok so making my on with soft grip clamps what distance would I be wanting the clamp jaws apart??
Bingo. Check out this YouTube link. I thought it brilliant simple, and I like room to move my hands to wrap and tie and such.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Yes, I second this jig.....i made me one up right after Can Vandal posted this video, and is so easy and simple you use....def my go to jig for tying bands to pouches

i guess i will third it then,looks simple will be giving it a try

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hey, what about a paracord jig? They are relatively cheap and usually in stock at hobby lobby, Joann's and Michaels craft stores. You could simply glue the each half of a paracord buckle to a clamp is plug it in, or take the paracord buckle set up off the jig and put on clamps. That little Alan wrench looking pin just pulls straight out to allow you to pin down different kinds of buckles. Most clamps have a hole in the handles, so that could pin down a clamp i would think ..... It can be stretched out or shrunk down easily so no worries about exact size.
To me it's worth the 15 bucks, plus hobby lobby and michaels are always running a 40% off add.
To me, it's a no brainer. I like making stuff, but not making the tools to make stuff. Especially when i can get it ready made for 9 or so bucks using the coupon.
After fiddling forever yesterday and ending up with the bands and pouch hanging from my hair, i'm going to go jig me a paracord jig!
I'll do a review after i set it up with clamps and use it, for anyone interested.
Obviously, there are many other paracord jigs out there, but i have seen this exact one at every craft store I've been to. 9 bucks plus spring clamps and possibly a buckle and glue that i already got laying around sounds good to me!
Lisa

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
I should add that you can just google hobby lobby coupon, open up the coupon and take a screen shot of the coupon. They can scan the screen shot at the store, so you are not trying to pull up the internet in the store. My phone is old and slow and for sure it will lock up at the worst time. Plus if i go back again, i just use the screenshot until the coupon is expired. Easy peasy! Works with any coupon that needs to be scanned at the register in any store I've ever been to.
Lisa

·
Registered
140 Posts
I absolutely love the can vandal idea of two clamps and some string. Perfect for in the field, but that would not work for me. I'm 52 almost 53 years old. That distance is the worst for me. Too far to wear my reading glasses and too close to focus on without, lol.
That's why i ended up tying my hair into everything. I was leaning over wearing my Mr. Magoo magnifying glasses trying to see what i was doing and hadn't bothered to tie my hair back.
And if you don't know who Mr. Magoo is, then you probably are young and have good eyesight.
It's no fun getting old!
Lisa

·
SLING-N-SHOT
5,770 Posts
I absolutely love the can vandal idea of two clamps and some string. Perfect for in the field, but that would not work for me. I'm 52 almost 53 years old. That distance is the worst for me. Too far to wear my reading glasses and too close to focus on without, lol.
That's why i ended up tying my hair into everything. I was leaning over wearing my Mr. Magoo magnifying glasses trying to see what i was doing and hadn't bothered to tie my hair back.
And if you don't know who Mr. Magoo is, then you probably are young and have good eyesight.
It's no fun getting old!
Lisa
Lol, that was a great old cartoon ! ( yeah, 55 this month ) so I know Mr. Magoo, haha

·
Registered
7,109 Posts
So after watching the Can Vandal video,i just had to try it,used mini clamps and 275 paracord,tied a BB bandset with #64 rubber bands and a 5/8s TBG OTT ,worked excellent and fast altoids repair kit coming up :)

Attachments

21 - 40 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.