Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Mojave Mo
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Step up to the table and check out my 'Gentleman's Boot Sling'. I patterned my J5 LBS and put a little cutaway to give my older digits some extra hold.

The Walnut scale is the last worthy chunk of Gpa's gun stock. It is thicker towards the top of the scale by a smidge. I left that way it in part because that piece came from the rear of the stock, the very top of the scale was the back edge of the stock. I tried to resist cutting in the faux volcanic thumb grip. I was weak. I also tried to resist adding the grip-coin to the front. I like it though in a retro-industrial- punk-apocalyptic-steampunk time machine sort of way.

I couldn't even leave the tried and true LBS fork tips alone and managed to not just make it better, but faster too! I made that last part up because I didn't have another line ready.....

I don't have anything for you on those fork....tips?..ramps..?band bumps? I had some scrap micarta. I just wanted to punish myself by freehanding little drill holes. I saw something similar(the tips) on a modern production sling here on the forum. I was messing around hoping it do something good on this design. Do not ask me to design a bridge.

Bicycle spoke pins in sloppy drill holes. I want a bench top drill press for Christmas please! The lanyard gnub hole wasn't because I forgot to install one. I wanted as much of the scale intact. I didn't have room to drill it side2side through that scale, so it became like this. I like the fact that I can crack a hard gnut with that lanyard hole if needed!

In conclusion I appreciate the forum for your inspiration and support. My karhmamimic commitment is to forward on my first J5 LBS homemade sling to a new happy home to be enjoyed for the years to come. That sling got a tube-job on the tips and a little more drama all around. It does shoot with firm authority and has good weight in the hand. See the last two photos....trade or sell, let me know.

I promised myself a couple of times now that I can live a happy slinglife with 3-7 slingshots and the freedom to shoot them. As I make a better version or purchase any of my favorites designs, I'll put the sling it replaced on the table. This formula also keeps my toybox from over flowing. (Between you and me I am going to try and swap Obijoey J5 for one of his G10 LBS.....!!!!) you can

Peace and thanks for looking!

Mojave Mo

ca95d9bfa30cc22ba3f514812375d154.jpg
ea35f4d105949532df67f91f963d4b2c.jpg
51d2c7af1b609b5cdba1ab9b312ad139.jpg
64fc8642677d3f91b1415d25b2265485.jpg
105f8c461edb795d7fe6e69368edaf7e.jpg
11fca494e40eb693152611e35b91db22.jpg
f12442a19f7ab36a4b355c88dc111b7c.jpg
a5ce37842fe4372b68818776e6630740.jpg
e8d9e104b60f7bb62474617cbccca735.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,891 Posts
Wow buddy!!! I really dig it!!! .. and you make me laugh when I read your posts lol .. too funny!! .. and I heard about you asking for a trade .. a little birdy told me ... and I will trade !! . I like the shiny one!! .. really cool to see you make a couple lbs inspired slingshots. . With the MO twist!!

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

·
Mojave Mo
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Y'all. The jacked up thing about making your own is taking the bloody photo and seeing all of the little gacks show up like an IMAX film. I am thinking my ultimate goal is to make a visually and functionally perfect sling, then throw my camera away

·
Mojave Mo
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've got it all laid out right now! I want to step up my game a little on the next one. I've got a drill press available, and I think I want some pretty pins to go with the pretty woods you sent. I think I'm a little nervous!!
Functional Art, Mo.

Now you gotta whip something up with those bits and pieces I sent your way brother.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts