Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a fun one I made after making a blue and a black hammer set for a gentleman in Italy...
Whenever I make more than one of a design I usually cut a spare core just in case I screw up, and that's what this one started off as... the spare.
Well, the two others turned out good so when I had time I went on ahead and played around with this one a little.
Cutting out the center for ammo storage and using a 1.25" hole saw to make the bottom mounted dispensing wheel with.
When I was ready to put it all together I found out I only had thicker camo G10 so it gave me an opportunity to shape it all up like I used to do with my duty pistols that were modified for rough use and combat. The grip area where the fingers and palm contact is shaped like an egg so that the whole unit becomes a natural "intuitive" pointer... with only a small amount of practice you're able to shoot well without consciously aiming. Because of the wide back and generous beavertail, you can comfortably pull VERY heavy elastics... for example the big tubes like Madison Parker is fond of, I can them full butterfly with almost no strain at all.
Then to finish it off I gave it ports so you can instantly see how much ammo you have left, and the other hole allows the forks to be pinned to the handle so that it can all fit in a pocket.

I gave this to my Uncle last night... after the Christmas rush is over I may make another for me, in the mean time all I'm left with is a picture and the memory!

G

·
Nice design. I've been recently thinking of something a bit like that in plywood or laminates because I've been getting fork hits with round grips shooting hammer style. Beautiful work on all levels, Bill.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
You might consider making and selling a few of those babies. Having the forks a little in front of the handle seems it would produce a faster trajectory. Stupid question but did you machine all the metal or is that one of those super strong resins that look like metal.
I'm working on a protype and gonna make a mold. I've been looking around and Hapco, in the 200 series, supposedly capable of 10,000 psi. The resins can be made to look like marble, be colored, look like metal, it's amazing.

Chevas

·
Premium Member
1,971 Posts
Shut the front door, Bill!! Looks a bit like the back of my Kimber .45.
If you make more I'd be willing to buy one. Made even more amazing by the ammo dispenser, and the bearing pin. You crushed that one, man. Right outta the park.

·
Premium Member
4,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks Guys.... I probably won't have time to work on one until after Christmas due to the high number of orders I'm getting... BUT if you'd like to, you can make one yourself. The pdf of the template I used is in the shared designs area and the gif is below:

·
Over 9001 Warning Points!
2,089 Posts
Love the tips bill!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.