Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made this little guy sitting at my desk: Material is a slat from a "Wooden Window Shade" 50mm wide x just shy of 3mm thick (some kind of light wood)

I laminated 4 layers of the slats, glued together with Carpenter's Glue.

The design is just something I drew up using a French Curve and Ruler (my sincere apology if it looks like someone's design)

Initially, it was going to be a PFS but since I am not a PFS fan I decided to cut a decent fork gap.

Banding is .5mm exercise band and the pouch is made from my very special Tilley wallet Genuine Fine Leather :)

Performance is clean and accurate so far with my fav indoor ammo (Garbanzo beans/peas)

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice little frame. Bet it shoots just fine!
Thank you SLINGDUDE for having a peek and yes; it shoots really well but bad news --- the window slat material is a failure - - - - the left fork tip just took a hit and is now hanging by a sliver - So the design is a success but I will be looking into using a solid hardwood for the next version.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A piece of HDPE cutting board would be good for that.
Thanks flipgun I like that suggestion and I just happen to have one of those sitting right here beside me. Interestingly though, I have been watching some videos on re-purposing HDPE trash, something we all have an abundance of so I may just give that a try.

Incidentally, I took the crazy glue to the little quickie and it's now stronger than Humpty Dumpty and now re-banded and back in to service ... Don't expect I'll be using it much but it'll be good for a pattern.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.