Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Neophyte
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this and it really struck a cord with me so I thought I would share it with my friends here :)

"Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start."

Have a great day everyone or as great of a day as you can :)

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
That sentence reminded me this old one:

Today is the first day of the rest of your life.

Which is encouraging but pretty scary.

·
Neophyte
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Glad this resonates with some of you. Made me think of the people in my life who, through no fault of their own, were dealt a rough starting hand. These amazing individuals overcame the statistics and have amazing and fulfilling lives now. :)

Reactions: Tag

·
Registered
962 Posts
That sentence reminded me this old one:

Today is the first day of the rest of your life.

Which is encouraging but pretty scary.
Ive missed your wise words.

You guys make me feel simple minded. Tue. and Wed. of this week i caught myself just holding a carving knife and a much needed attention SOTM entry.

Just staring out over the fields and stream in the back acre completely void of thought and time.

Oops, I dont think it was a stroke, or was an alien abduction, maybe just complacent happiness?

Maybe its better sometimes to not think. As long as we dont forget to ask ourselves and friends questions.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Its OK to talk to yourself as long as you dont say........ Uha, um what did you say? I wasnt paying attention. Sorry, can you repeat yourself.

Its also very rude, trust me.

There is nothing worse about being mad at yourself and not knowing why.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts