Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
It is the Gerber Clutch...The pliars are the best I have seen on a unit of this size...
Good for you!

AFAIC, yes -- the pliers are definitely the most important item on the device! ...And they look well thought-out and useable on the Clutch!

(I have an old multi, but it's pretty much useless for EDC because it tips the scale at a svelte one-and-a-quarter pounds
vice the Clutch's 2.4 ounces!!!)

·
Registered
286 Posts
...Gerber Crucial...Check out how it folds up...
hm. I guess I could get used to it?! ...I mean, I never want to get so old and stodgy that I won't consider new technology -- but gosh, the Crucial looks like it was developed in Area 51... or maybe Roswell...??!

·
Registered
855 Posts
Glad to hear you like the Clutch, Aaron. Like Thwupp, my only multitool so far has been a large, heavy leatherman that I've never carried around due to its weight and size. It's spent the last 10 years in the glove compartment as a result.
I carry a variety of folding knives on a daily basis, but just recently decided to start looking again for a small, compact, edc-able multi. The Clutch seemed the right size, weight, and price, but I've been a bit concerned over the tiny size of the pliers, wondering how durable and useful they'd really be. Keep us posted as to how this little unit holds up.

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
I carry a Stainless Leatherman Super in the truck the Stainless Micra in my pocket. Tex

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
I keep a Leatherman Wave in my lunch box and a Buck 110 in my tool bag and a nameless handmade 440-C paracord wrapped handle all around knife on my belt. I keep them all razor sharp. I like knives and have carried one ever since my Dad gave me one when I was 10 years old. It was a single blade Barlow. Wish I still had it.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have in my pocket a Leatherman Skeletool (with a beutifully sharp blade) and an old Gerber (model and vintage un-known but still a beutifully sharp blade!)at home cos it's a bit on the heavy side.

I too like to have a knife on me at all times (sounds a bit wrong said like that in today's society but you know what I mean!). Anything is achievable with a knife at hand!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts