Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was shooting my GZK hammer in my garden. After much practice in the shed I had decided I had the thing sussed to shoot it safe enough in my back garden. Unfortunately I must have gotten a bit too relaxed and after nailing my target a few times, I fouled up the release of a shot and hit the handle of the slingshot sending it flying in a 45 degree angle to myself, straight into the window.

As irritating as it is, the feeling of 'oooohhhhh shit' and the current anticipation of my housemates discovering the break, is bringing me right back to my childhood. Aahhhh the nostalgia...

·
Missing Barns and Telling Yarns
985 Posts
Run!!! Just kidding, but I'm sure everyone has had the "Ooooh ****" moment when shooting. I had a 3/8" steel richochet and fly real close to my neighbors car. No damage, but my heart stopped for a few seconds.

Reactions: Tag and Ibojoe

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That slingshot has really low forks. If it tilts back just a little you're going to hit the top of the grip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I made a real mess of the handle finding this out the hard way. Fixed the damage with the dremel. After many frustrating hours in my shed I got it down. Hadn't hit the handle in many sessions, until today!

It's an excuse to learn how replace a pane of glass, I suppose.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.