Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Tex-shooter
4,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought that I would fiddle around with my Hunting Star a little bit today. I put foam on the handle, turned the foot around and added a spring clamp temporally (on pads as not to mar the finish) to balance it out. Put on a set of bands and shot it 5 times from 15 feet just for feel. It seemed to balance good, so I will leave it set-up until this evening and if I am on a paper plate target at 35 feet I will shoot a few rounds to see what kind of a group I get. If it shoots good I might consider adding a stabilizer to it.

Wood Eyewear Liver Strap Fashion accessory

Attachments

·
Tex-shooter
4,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK as I said above, I did shoot the temporary set-up this evening. Now as I talk about the results, remember that I have not shot this flip for about 6 years and I put a foam handle cover, cushioned the arm guard, added a temp. stabilizer. and banded it with bands that I have never shot on this flip. They pulled about 15 pounds and was popping out a 1/2 steel ball at about 220 FPS. The first 3 shots just did make the plate edge at the lower left. I adjusted and the next 3 still lower left but not as close to the edge or as low. The next 3 was left and about the right height and about 1 1/4 inches outside the bull. I made my last adjustment, shot 22 rounds for effect and got a group that was not too bad for the first time. Then as my shoulder started hurting, I quit.

Insect Dishware Serveware Circle Wood

Attachments

·
Tex-shooter
4,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great shooting, Tex!

It's a great feeling when your adjustments go where you intended!
Yep, don't happen that often! I have been shooting some since Bill Hays was here and I am still having trouble dialing my favorite non-braced flip in like what I want. I think that it might be caused by too heavy of bands and too many Birthdays! :rofl:

Reactions: M Mars and KawKan
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.