Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
125 Posts
What would your typical high level Chinese shooter tend to use? I read lighter bands and smaller ammo. I think I saw they tend to use what I call peg head forks.
Mark
Yeah I had seen the slingshot of a previous winner that was Chinese, and he had a peghead fork. Pretty sure they're also called Feihu or something along the lines of that. Do they use any dankungs?
What size ammo would they use and what band thickness?

Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
125 Posts
When it comes to compeitions, they are ALL ABOUT CONSISTENCY. Most competitive Chinese shooters, including myself, stick to lighter set-ups with light ammos (6.4-8mm), I reckon the idea behind is to maximize stability by having more control over your pull and release. I personally shoot 7mm with 0.4 18-10 150mm cut. People should adjust according to the actual performance. Generally, with 6.4-9mm steels balls, the popular tapers are 17-9, 18-10, 1911, 2012 for anything below 0.6. Though I have seen elite medium/long-pull shooters in competitions, but due to the lack of anchor point references it usually takes a longer time to develope consistent shooting with medium/long pulls. Instead, short-pulls is relatively more effective for compeitions. It is the most popular style for competitive shooting for a major reason - solid anchor points (usually on faces). Certainly it differs from personal preferences, short-pull with light set-up further maximizes the consistency per shot with miminal time put into practice.
That's good stuff! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.