Slingshots Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

· Registered
70 Posts
I recently switched back to 4.5mm and 6mm ammo and very light bands. It seems to be helping my release.
Yeah my man, welcome to the light set-up cult lol. 6mm might be too light for 0.45, the projectile might fly without control. What's your taper and band length?

· Neophyte
2,313 Posts
Alfred E.M.

Good analysis and conclusions. Here's another two cent opinion - Flying under the radar can have merit and raising awareness makes some of us nervous. Many have said that if slingshots had a place in the Olympics, and/or were featured in a movie similar to Red Dawn, the popularity would soar. The biggest obstacle to a popularity surge is that group of regulatory gas bags who have nerf testicles, and are totally consumed with micro aggressions, safe spaces, and all the leftist minutiae related to the hyper new religion in America - anti-racism. (And dodge ball is exclusive, lol). They believe the national anthem should be Kumbaya, and we should be even more regulated than Great Britain. Like everything these days, slinging could become even more politicized, much like the gun culture.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Well said Sir, well said. :)

· Registered
1,293 Posts
Wow... what a fantastic thread and thank you @whadafork for the very informative exposition.

I think the Chinese would approach this kind thing like a "kung-fu", developing the skill into an art form (the term doesn't just apply to martial arts, it is also used it for chefs, craftsmen and any skilled discipline). There would be a very serious practice/training culture towards this goal and I think it is this attitude and commitment that gets them where they are. They take it seriously as a sport while most of us regard it as a casual hobby.

I am just thankful for the alternative source of frames, excellent elastics (glad I don't have to rely on TBG!) and for opening my eyes to the possibilities of shooting excellence.

For anyone on Instagram, the feed by Wujim is awesome. Lots of videos there of folk shooting...

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.