Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you saw my post in the "Introductions" section, you know that I'm getting back into slingshots after several years away. Life was so much easier back in the day when I was just shooting Marksman/Daisy tube frame SS and instinctively knocking cans around my yard. Now I'm getting into things when everyone is shooting amazing slingshots and even aiming them! In the process of trying different styles and seeing what floats my boat. Got this in the mail today from an ebay seller. It's made from an oak board with bocote handle/palm swell.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Glad you are revisiting SSs.

If you are not aware, board cut slingshots have a high potential for breaking along the grain line if they are not fortified in some way. Maybe someday the forum administrators will pin a highly visible post about "Board Cut Danger!"

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Glad you are revisiting SSs.

If you are not aware, board cut slingshots have a high potential for breaking along the grain line if they are not fortified in some way. Maybe someday the forum administrators will pin a highly visible post about "Board Cut Danger!"
Yeah that was a concern of mine. The seller also has an R10 style TTF, but the grain direction as it runs through the thin part of the forks scare me. He did say that he would cut one out with the grain in the opposite direction, but still seems a bit fragile. Trying to buy some inexpensive SSs until I decide on what I like.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts