Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· "Crafter"
1,827 Posts
Hey guys just another update on some of my work. I have given quite a few of my natural laminates away now and I enjoy the making process. I feel especially with my latest laminate that I'm getting the processes really honed in, its great fun.

This was a blast to make. I normally refrain from making "oversized" shooters , I like small compact shooters but after removing the bark from the fork it became apparent that I was indeed going to hand mould this.
Just for a bit of flair I added some Pau Rosa and Afromosia fork tips. At current state this is just lightly oiled i have a batch of Casey Tru Oil on the way which I will final finish with.

This shooter is just divine. I have never shot anything I have made so dang accurate, my father can even hit a coke can at 60ft with this! Composed of Oak fork, Pine second core and Irish Spalted Birch outer palm swell, spacers are all Mahogany veneer.

· "Crafter"
1,827 Posts

OK guys next up is the smallest shooter I have ever made, This was created out of pure rage. I had just got my new band saw set up and began trying to level out some naturals I had been collecting, Well thing did not work out and the saw began butchering my harvest so out of the ashes came this l'ill shooter not the prettiest by a mile but good for the back pocket with small lead pellets.

Well this is almost self explanatory, Its my Dankung Cougar with a palm swell. I found it more difficult than I imagined to bond the wood and metal and in the process ended up having to do a last minute re-glue at which point I left out the spacer between the metal frame ad the pine second layer ... This has resulted in not the neatest edge between the two but its not bad either. The third core layer is a mix of Purpleheart and Pau Rosa with Bamboo and mahogany veneer spacers.

· "Crafter"
1,827 Posts

This is my personal shooter and its been a while in the making, I started this a while back and have been taking my time getting the shape to a snug hammer hand grip. Now I have my shape set up I have been shooting with it and getting used to how to handle this slingshot and well its my keeper I really like how I shoot when using this. I have oiled this so far with four thin coats of teak, to bring out some of the yellow in the pine and birch, to final finish I'm again waiting on my TRU oil. Ok so We have a Oak fork with Bamboo and Mahogany veneer spacers, Pine chunky spacer, Spalted Birch top handle and Wenge with African Blackwood handle.

· Premium Member
1,741 Posts
WOW!!! you definitely have an artistic flair!! they are all amazing

Were did you get the spalted birch from? that looks real nice

Tru-oil is amazing but a right PITA to get right

· Premium Member
2,320 Posts
Wow, really nice and unique catty's! I kept liking them better and better as I scrolled down!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.