Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Over 9001 Warning Points!
2,089 Posts
I had no idea what to do with a fork i had harvested last week after our hailstorm. there were branches everywhere in the nearby condo complex to harvest, and i grabbed about 6, one of which was enormous, the base was as big around as my bicep. then i saw Dayhiker's postand was pleased to find my SOG tomahawk delivered on my stoop when i got home. i got all the hacking and drying in the micro done after work, then carved with my new blade! sanded and finished the next day after work. Done with all hand tools- Tomahawk, coping saw, rasps, scrapers, knives and sandpaper. i love my iwasaki floats/rasps. finished with 3 coats of super glue with a good hard rubbing with extra fine steel wool to kill that awful shine you get with CA glue. gives it the perfect hand rubbed sheen with a good grip. I've been striving for same grip profile on all of my naturals with a 90 degree angle between the right fork arm right surface and the left fork arm left surface. it really makes you hold it the same grip every time. i left the bark swail on the front cuz i like it. i know the ties are bulky and i don't care. i wanted a chunky beater and i got a chunky beauty that shoots like a champ! i'm excited to shape the other forks. thanks Dayhiker for the idea:)
EDIT- strikewzen has hereby christened this frame "Keanu Reeves"

Attachments

Reactions: Hrawk

·
Registered
70 Posts
**** thats nice

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
You got 'er done, super looking catty my friend!

·
Premium Member
4,900 Posts
Very nice, eucalyptus has some nice grain. Good job!
P.S. Cool cutting tools!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts