Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
i don't argue
549 Posts
It took me a long time to find a long empty alley. The picture is just for approximation, shot is made in the back alley. Didnt have a camera when I took the shot and the picture is just for the approx estimation of how tall is the electric cable. No worries flyers could have landed safely on an empty field.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Wow awesome shot Kobe, good kill and beautiful pics. That's a nice pigeon, I'd love to get some. But I'd have to go to town where they congregate in back alleys. There's a pretty decent number of them ripe for the picking. I prefer .38 leadshots, as these are less likely cause damage to property, nor do they attract unwanted attention.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Feral pegeons are a pest. Great shooting. Get them all down. Saludos

·
Philly
2,595 Posts
Good shooting kobe, are thoes Sterling Alliance 107's on your SS?
Philly

·
Super Moderator
10,991 Posts
Nice shot!

I have a question about your slingshot setup. You appear to have paracord loops attached to the forks with rubber bands. Then you have your flatbands attached to the loops, again with rubber bands. Is there any reason you did not just attach the bands directly to the forks?

Cheers ........ Charles

·
Philly
2,595 Posts
Nice shot!

I have a question about your slingshot setup. You appear to have paracord loops attached to the forks with rubber bands. Then you have your flatbands attached to the loops, again with rubber bands. Is there any reason you did not just attach the bands directly to the forks?

Cheers ........ Charles
Charles, I have a natural with leather tabs and flatbands that shoots very well for me. I originally wanted to use chains on it but failed to make a good set and gave up. The flatbands where then added and it shoots very similar to OTT set up. The only advantage I have found is that it is much quieter than OTT a definate plus when hunting. I have taken a lot of game with it over the last year, one of my favorite SS.
Philly

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,991 Posts
Thanks for that information, Philly. And I suppose that those leather tabs help keep the bands from abrading across the tops of the forks. Anyway ... I was just wondering.

Cheers ....... Charles

·
i don't argue
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well... depends on shooter's preference... took me time to come up with this variation of tabs, I see many advantages but not all shooters might like it. Easy to attach any bands I would say.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts