Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys an gals,

Could not resist it, I know I've been harping on about build a roller one on the Custom Slingshot forum but
I thought I would just like to own one of Jack Koehler's. ... So it's bought and will be winging it's way to the UK soon I hope.
Guess I could make one similar but it's nice to bew able to support someone like Jack who I guess has given a lot to the sport.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for videos and useage advice of/for his King Cat ?

Cheers!

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Hi guys an gals,

Could not resist it, I know I've been harping on about build a roller one on the Custom Slingshot forum but
I thought I would just like to own one of Jack Koehler's. ... So it's bought and will be winging it's way to the UK soon I hope.
Guess I could make one similar but it's nice to bew able to support someone like Jack who I guess has given a lot to the sport.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for videos and useage advice of/for his King Cat ?

Cheers!
He sends instructions with the King Cat

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi guys an gals,

Cheers!
He sends instructions with the King Cat
[/quote]

Hi thank you,
I was wondering if he did, was hoping there mught be a vid or two of it in use to wet my appetite while I wait.
I saw a very short clip but that's all I've seen.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
You can see Jack shooting the King Cat on the video of the East Coast Tournament . My link
Thank you, yes that was the clip I saw of him shooting the King Cat.. It sure works well in his hands!
[/quote]

It was more interesting observing his style of shooting that the video doesn't show. Perhaps I should say, the way he draws a bead on his target with the King Cat. I happen to be fascinated with the complete way each person shoots. Their stance, arm postion, head position, fingers, draw, how long they hold the draw, etc, The nuances of each.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You can see Jack shooting the King Cat on the video of the East Coast Tournament . My link
Thank you, yes that was the clip I saw of him shooting the King Cat.. It sure works well in his hands!
[/quote]

It was more interesting observing his style of shooting that the video doesn't show. Perhaps I should say, the way he draws a bead on his target with the King Cat. I happen to be fascinated with the complete way each person shoots. Their stance, arm postion, head position, fingers, draw, how long they hold the draw, etc, The nuances of each.
[/quote]

Hi, Yes I used to do that a lot when I started to do archery, and still do I guess. I will watch the video it several times more no doubt.
I'm surprised how quickly folks shoot, I shoot fairly quickly with my bow but I'm aiming much longer with my cat. I'm learning so I guess that's normal to begin.
Also I've been reading that the band strength degrades quickly if held at full draw for to long?

·
Registered
199 Posts
I bought a King-Cat and it's great. I don't thing you'll be dissapointed with it mate.
His book is an excellent read too, countless tips on shooting in there.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I bought a King-Cat and it's great. I don't thing you'll be dissapointed with it mate.
His book is an excellent read too, countless tips on shooting in there.
Hi Chuff,
Great thank you. I'm looking forward to it like a kid at Christmas!
I could not quite afford to get his book at the same time which is a shame becuase I could have asked for a signed copy.
I will get it though, prob after the Hols.

Cheers!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.