Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,971 Posts
Just wanted to post a pic of something we used as kids for ammo.

NO PIC! GOTTA FIND IT YERSELF. I REFUSE TO FIGHT A COMPUTER!!!! I WILL SHOOT ONE THOUGH!!!!

They're called knicker beans or sea beans. Recently I discovered a few vines growing at the beach parking lot, so I've been collecting them when we go. Their pods look like they're covered in velcro hooks.They will shatter a sea shell, they float and they are incredibly hard. Cars don't crush them!!
Also they are the host plant for the Miami Blue butterfly. A real beauty if you like flutterbys

·
Premium Member
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, King, I have a picture.... But you cant see it! My computer is selfish and won't share. I don't know why.
I had to quit trying because my vein was popping out and I was two seconds from shooting my laptop with a 7/16 and recording it's death.
Forgive me if I lack enthusiasm, but I abhor computers. I fully expect to battle them for the planet. And win!
I'll try again in a few minutes. After I calm down......

·
Premium Member
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They fly well for short distances. I shoot them accurately enough up to about 35'. They are rather large though..
They are perfect for wingshooting. I have a couple of youtube vids where I use them to shoot sea shells at mistercapnjoe.
They are the seed of a tropical vine, so their range is limited.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts