Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think because I started with a solid frame and then I had to saw that piece (10 mm wide) into 5 mm pieces. The result was very fragile and tbh I was a bit frustrated because the micarta was expensive and beautiful. I shouldn have impregnated all the wood and then another time with epoxy. And then drilled a hole into the heart. My drills also were not sharp. So basicly impatientness. However it holds fine.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im still working on it but I just wanted to give u some insight. I need to sand the knife etc. Epoxy fill gaps etc. Only the natural Yew, which I can chop almost everywhere, can be finished in some hours. Im also working on this one: that right there is a monster, probably usable as a wristtrainer. Its superheavy because the core is 6mm RVS and also the wood is really dense. Its called Bulnesia Arborea. But with a good sanding machine also that one is ready to finish. ( As well as two other knifes). And yeah that cut looks nasty, but the wound is closed and clean..Have a good days, tips are always welcome.

Attachments

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its almost silky smooth so I want to finish it, however I would like to make is more "usable". What kind of fork shaping would you do to make this a nice tube or TTF shooter? Am hoping to get some inspiration from u.

Attachments

Registered
Gute Besserung, ich hoffe deine Hand ist wieder zu 100% einsatzbereit.
Die Schleudern und das Messer sehen gut aus.
Ich w眉rde die Eibengabel nur mit Kerben versehen um Flachland befestigen zu k枚nnen.

Get well soon, I hope your hand is 100% operational again.
The slingshots and knife look good.
I would only provide the yew fork with notches to be able to attach Flatband.

SLING-N-SHOT
looking good and the hand appears to be healing pretty well too, that's good............I'm surprised it didn't require stitches though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts