Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Received today and it made my day! I am hoping the maker will chime in about this piece and his construction/machining techinques. In the meantime, I wanted to share because it is an expensive slab of custom titanium goodness. All Titanium and anodized in grey/rainbow. The holes are jeweled with extra finish and they look like heaven in the sunlight. The maker is Mike Snody who is pretty legendary for his knifemaking. He does not take orders any more and his knives are highly desired, but thankfully he likes slingshots and likes to apply his experience to our hobby. I already have one of his wood slingshots and one made out of G10 (phenolic) which also feels outstanding in the hand.

I think bigger guys like me and Joerg will appreciate the counterbalance that the weight of this slingshot provides. I think the bands are by one of our members, but I can't remember who- maybe someone else knows?

Enough of my ramblings....here are the pics!

I'm a cross between an Indian Shrek and Kojak

Happy 4th of July holiday fellow slingshotters!

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
Very COOL Slingshot ! I wasn't going to mention it, but the slingshot is being pulled from the wrong side. The bands should go from behind the slingshot, over the top of the forks, then pulled toward the shooters anchor. The slingshot is being held with the wrong side toward the person shooting. This will take a lot of the stress of stretching the bands off of the bindings.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Thanks Sanjay,
I enjoyed building that Blingshot and I am glad that you got it.
It was made from a sheet of 5/8" thick 6al4v Titanium.
Machined, contoured, hand sanded, bead blasted and heat colored in my Texas Shop.
The Linatex band sets are from forum member Flatband and his work is truly World Class... really off the hook.
Here are a couple more images..
Talk to you soon..

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for making these Mike! I now have one of each of your models and they definitely add a different flavor to my collection!

·
Registered
181 Posts
YES!!! I am sooooo jealous! i have one in G10 and it feels great in the hand. I put a set of Perry's "ultra power" bands on it just to experiment. I'm barely man enough to draw it back, but the design of the frame is so comfortable. I will just need to practice. Congratulations Sanjay!!! Mike makes some beautiful stuff.

·
Premium Member
1,714 Posts
Very cool. There is definately some quality slingshots being made around the block.

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,647 Posts
Very cool indeed!!!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Looks lovely that mate, I too have one of Mikes G10 models and like it very much.
I'll have th keep an eye open for one of these coming up for sale.

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
Man you guys have more money than I have! -- Tex

1 - 20 of 31 Posts