Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Because the CSCC League is scheduled to be reformed in 2019,that competition items will mainly turn to "knock down targets", so slingshot clubs and manufacturers around the country have warmed up ahead of time, developing and experimenting with more advanced facilities,including various automatic "knock down targets set".Obviously the new set originated in the Slingshot World Cup is pretty fun for our Chinese shooters to try.In this video, the China Slingshot King Mr. Deng Feihu was pleased with the automatic stuff.Well,we Look forward to the new season of CSCC 2019.

·
Engorged Member
363 Posts
Occasionally I do a fun practice session by placing a brick on an empty TetraPak carton of milk or something similar and then demolishing the carton until it collapses and the brick falls off.

It is a very entertaining way of shooting because there is actual damage involved and also some strategy - bigger ammo will do more damage but may be more difficult to release cleanly. Asymmetric ammo like Arturo's cut down threaded bolts, or hex nuts with a lead ball hammered into the middle may also do more damage but may not fly totally straight either. Also, if you shoot at the corners of the carton you can do a lot more damage, but you also run a higher risk of missing totally and wasting a shot. That kind of target is also fun in a "duel" with a fellow shooter - take alternating shots and see who can topple his target with his brick first.

Reactions: Ibojoe and MakoPat

·
Premium Member
3,289 Posts
Nice. Now I want to play knockdown...
Thanks for sharing, GZK.

Reactions: Ibojoe

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
That is slingshot shooting perfection...wow! Looks like I have a lot of practice sessions ahead of me :hmm: .

It always amazes me how quickly the Chinese slingshot shooters aim and release, and yet achieve great results.

Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
He's the Chinese legend of the original "Feihu" moniker! That's a great video of a Chinese "sifu" shooting. Was he shooting a Feihu TTF?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts