Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Registered
Those knock off frames are tough as nails, but the issue is that the chinese have so many original frames, that it makes no sense to get a knock off, just get a Chinese frame. It is much better to get the real deal and support the creator of the frames, Nathan. Oh, they are not 100% the same btw. Minor differences, but they are there.

Registered
First rule of fight club is don't talk about fight club . Same rule goes for knock offs . It's like poking a hornets nest bro
Wasn't trying to start anything negative, I was just wondering if anyone had seen them. I did search for it in the forum before I posted about it and couldn't find anything. I'm new to how forums work, and after ordering the knockoff, I did go to SS and order the real deal also.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Read Only
First rule of fight club is don't talk about fight club . Same rule goes for knock offs . It's like poking a hornets nest bro
Wasn't trying to start anything negative, I was just wondering if anyone had seen them. I did search for it in the forum before I posted about it and couldn't find anything. I'm new to how forums work exactly. After ordering the knockoff, I did go to SS and order the real deal also.
Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
hi fella I just trying to save u the grief . I only bin here a few years and seen this topic go sideways in a bad way . Never meant to give u a hard time or anything just a heads up .

Registered
My first slingshot was the knock off bean flip from that same company. The black and yellow version. I had wanted the Simple Shot version, but the 2 day free shipping on Amazon sold me. I was too eager to wait any longer than need be. I ended up ordering both at the same time.

About a month later, I was showing a buddy's kid how to shoot. I gave him the knock off and I used the Simple Shot.

About 10 shots in, he had a fork hit. The left fork completely shattered.

Pieces of cheap black and yellow plastic everywhere. He was pretty upset that he broken my slingshot.

I told him it was ok, I tossed it, and gave him the Simple Shot. He had a few more fork hits before getting the hang of it. I could barely see any marks on the Simple Shot.

I'll never waste my money a cheap knock off again. Just isn't worth it.

I would have taken pictures of the broken knock off but I didn't think about it at the time and I wasn't on the forum yet.

Registered
I find amusing that some people blame the knoff off Scouts (or whatever design), but do not blame themselves to buy unethical counterfeits.

If you believe and respect capitalism you must respect property rights. Otherwise your're just cheating.

Registered
I find amusing that some people blame the knoff off Scouts (or whatever design), but do not blame themselves to buy unethical counterfeits.
If you believe and respect capitalism you must respect property rights. Otherwise your're just cheating.
I agree with you Ordo. I was definitely trying to cheat the community. I wanted cheap and fast and I was willing to go around getting the real deal to do so.

Lesson learned.

Gotta go to the source.
Give credit where credit is due.
Give to people who care about the sport or product in general... people who want to improve the community. Gotta help support your hobbies.

At the time I didn't think it though. It wasn't a hobby yet. I didn't care. A shame but true.

It's a good thing for people to think about.

Registered
Go for the original. But let me add some details.

Many of the shooters helped to design these models and grow companies like SimpleShot, PocketPredator etc. Over the years the forum members and enthusiasts around the world helped to develop many of the models by sharing feedback, testing for countless hours and even attempting to modify some shooters to improve. Before these aforementioned makers were smaller and the only way was to buy customs the folks here saved up to get a desired model. Just then mass production become available to reach more people. Then a second evolution came and YouTube gained momentum. Hundreds of people dedicated their time (and still do) to show these models and spread knowledge to get people involved in the sport. The companies improved their advertising, customer service, warranty, moneyback, replacements etc. All comes at a cost. Not just for Nathan, Bill, Jim, Gamekeeper and all the Professionals, but the everyday slingshot shooters.

Buy original and enjoy being part of the crew!

Shoot & Share

Missing Barns and Telling Yarns
I feel like everybody has summed up things pretty nicely. I'll just echo that you're never sure what quality you're getting when purchasing a knockoff. If you shoot it, make sure to wear glasses just in case. Happy slinging!

Reactions: Blue Raja

Registered
People have been building others people's inventions for centuries. We can't stop it. I try to buy from the folks around me. In this case USA. If I spend 100 bucks locally, that 100 bucks gets spent again and again. If I send my money to another country, that money is gone forever. No second and third buys, just gone. I have nothing against people who buy foreign, I just don't want to.

Registered
When I first started thinking about purchasing a slingshot I saw that same slingshot on amazon and almost bought it.

But after doing more research I found SimpleShot and decided for a few dollars more I would get the real thing.

I am now waiting for a Scout XT and the Axiom Ocularis to be delivered Monday. :ups:

Registered
Alright, I'll be the guy.

I bought a couple slings from GZK and I have no regrets. Shipping was quick and easy and they threw in enough extras to encourage experimenting. I also bought a sling from SimpleShot and my next will be from pocket predator, so I try and balance it out.

That being said, I'd be hard pressed to buy one of the SS knockoffs, though. No regrets for buying the real deal.

I think my improved G-Shot is a kinda sorta a Hydra clone and I like it enough I think I'd like to figure out how to get the real McCoy.

I love this hobby/sport.

Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.