Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled the b52 mod out and had it in the truck with me this morning as I drove through the village on my way to work. I had a student on a 4 wheeler stop me on my way and ask me what slingshot I had with me. I laughed and showed him and he said " I knew it! There are three birds on the road in front of you about a mile up. Remember Dr. Sturm Don't shoot from the road" I was his Hunter Ed teacher too so his stern warning made me chuckle but I am glad he paid attention. When I got to where he described there was only one bird on the road so I parked, got out and chased it off the road into the nearby trees. I was able to get to about 10 yards. I grabbed a random steel out of my pocket (in hindsight it must have been 1/2 or bigger) I pulled back, sighted down the band, steadied myself and let it go. The thwack was so hard I could feel it in the air. The bird fell straight down and when I went to pick it up I saw that I had caved in the entire skull. Both sides of the bird head were ugly, but one was completely concave. That size ball may have been a bit of overkill at that range. Long story long I have never hunted with this slingshot before and I am very pleased with it's performance! Cheers fellas.

Chili for lunch tomorrow!
The pic is a little gruesome. This is the non-ugly side of his head.
Bird Natural material Beak Road surface Bedrock

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.