Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled the b52 mod out and had it in the truck with me this morning as I drove through the village on my way to work. I had a student on a 4 wheeler stop me on my way and ask me what slingshot I had with me. I laughed and showed him and he said " I knew it! There are three birds on the road in front of you about a mile up. Remember Dr. Sturm Don't shoot from the road" I was his Hunter Ed teacher too so his stern warning made me chuckle but I am glad he paid attention. When I got to where he described there was only one bird on the road so I parked, got out and chased it off the road into the nearby trees. I was able to get to about 10 yards. I grabbed a random steel out of my pocket (in hindsight it must have been 1/2 or bigger) I pulled back, sighted down the band, steadied myself and let it go. The thwack was so hard I could feel it in the air. The bird fell straight down and when I went to pick it up I saw that I had caved in the entire skull. Both sides of the bird head were ugly, but one was completely concave. That size ball may have been a bit of overkill at that range. Long story long I have never hunted with this slingshot before and I am very pleased with it's performance! Cheers fellas.

Chili for lunch tomorrow!
The pic is a little gruesome. This is the non-ugly side of his head.
Bird Natural material Beak Road surface Bedrock

Premium Member
Great story and nice shot 馃嵒
What type of band is that and is it tapered? That looks like a great slingshot 馃

1 - 10 of 10 Posts