Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still prototyping this but what yall think is it worth it it's insane how much you can see it in the day but is it worth even having at night I don't know what it could be used for at night but still makes a bad ass day sight, let me know. I can make em cheap and they can easily be fitted into a wood frame with a switch.
Sky Plant Building Shorts Fence

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Brilliant, and a novelty with potential on the market - albeit that the Chinese do sell illumination units for their fiber optic sights, as well as red or green laser pointers that can be fitted to some of their slingshots.

Maybe you should contact SimpleShot: Slingshots & Accessories For Sale. Everything Slingshots®.

Scroll down the web page on this link to see the Chinese sights illumination system:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The problem with lasers or even an led light is way to bright, can't even be used as a sight alone led and lasers are problematic I think it takes away from the point and accuracy of a slingshot, and they hardly work even after alot of tuning after a few shots they are not on target and constantly need tuned back. This is fiber optic cable with led light on the back end so it isn't so bright and doesn't blind you. And thanks for the feedback and advice I appreciate it as this one sits I shoot ott and it works perfect but I pulled a band over top of led and you can still see it. Thanks fellas

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
The problem with lasers or even an led light is way to bright, can't even be used as a sight alone led and lasers are problematic I think it takes away from the point and accuracy of a slingshot, and they hardly work even after alot of tuning after a few shots they are not on target and constantly need tuned back. This is fiber optic cable with led light on the back end so it isn't so bright and doesn't blind you. And thanks for the feedback and advice I appreciate it as this one sits I shoot ott and it works perfect but I pulled a band over top of led and you can still see it. Thanks fellas
The problem with sticking something like this on is unless its sunken directly into the fork and sits like 0.5-1mm from the corner (ott) then it's not your reference point its beyond it so you then have to put your led off to the left so it isn't aiding really 🤔👌🎯👍👊

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This was just a rough idea but your right. I would count sink It into the sling itself you see them here soon I'm building my own frame for it here soon it's very versatile can be moved easy with little to no charging I've kept leds on for over a year on 1 single button cell battery it was 2032 or something alike. I'll post it when I'm finished

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
This was just a rough idea but your right. I would count sink It into the sling itself you see them here soon I'm building my own frame for it here soon it's very versatile can be moved easy with little to no charging I've kept leds on for over a year on 1 single button cell battery it was 2032 or something alike. I'll post it when I'm finished
Yeah bud if its something you are wanting to do go for it 👐 if use a fibre optic at all it's a 1mm and I do them sunk in the fork there super bright in daylight or at night with a headtorch or spotlight 🎯👌 but if you want to led up go for it buddy 👊🎯

Attachments

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Yeah bud if its something you are wanting to do go for it 👐 if use a fibre optic at all it's a 1mm and I do them sunk in the fork there super bright in daylight or at night with a headtorch or spotlight 🎯👌 but if you want to led up go for it buddy 👊🎯

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.