Slingshots Forum banner

Last climbing 8

2K views 47 replies 13 participants last post by  Portboy 
#1 ·
Thought I try knock one side down so tha bands sit flatter seed work out ok 👍 have give it a bit let hand sanitizer dry up see how it works . Thanks for looking guys
Blue Azure Eyewear Vision care Asphalt

Font Tints and shades Gas Electric blue Design

Blue Leg Human body Asphalt Road surface

Hand Plant Green Blue Yellow

Flower Plant Botany Nature Petal

Plant Blue Green Gesture Finger

Hand Plant Blue Green Azure

See less See more
Discussion starter · #3 ·
Now that's a looker[emoji106]

Sent from my LE2117 using Tapatalk
Thanks man ! I never ended up tapping the top like I said . Maybe order an other two try couple more ideas. But I beat the one side down the belt sander that was interesting was going do both sides but as I flipped in hand kinda like just one side . See how it shoots

Discussion starter · #13 ·
Great looking mate👍🏼👍🏼

The side of the climbing 8 where puts the inscription was originally like this? Or was blue like the other side and you filed it?

Other question, what type of plastic/rubber is the one you have put in the forks?

Great job
New there kinds different sizes in thickness the small circle side is higher than the big circle. So I just used the belt sander with 120 grit and shaved them flat and even . Is that what you were fishing for ? The rubber over forks is 3/8 od and 1/4 id (10mm 6mm) I just used hand sanitizer to lube up and bit of luck and push on . Alcohol makes latex slippery. Guess the tube for spear gun or something I got some from @bingo

Discussion starter · #16 ·
I tell ya what bud...
you show it can shoot 3/8", i'll gladly purchase!
Started a new job this week. FINALLY... but will have funds in a short time. That looks great! and we all know this material will save lives, so i guess it can withstand a fork with out any major issues. It maybe on the tad small side, but my china model make me feel like my hands are a monster, and that still works out just fine. Nice job man. You may have a business on the side.
I try some 3/8 with it I normally use 1/4 just because I cam get 5000 for 40 dollars and I don’t have pick em up . 3/8 is 45 dollars for 1200 but I give them a go . Hey best of luck the new job man that’s good news . I get some more 8s can get black blue and red

Discussion starter · #19 ·
Man tell me about it. I tried several times today and no progress at all haha it's all part of the fun though 🤷‍♂️ that is if you actually shoot slings!
Haha maybe the flip phone does bad vids dude 😁 or his nails not dry yet 🤭 gotta give him the benefit of the doubt right

Discussion starter · #24 ·
Yea that was a good move. Easy to make complicated and jack it up, simpler is better. Do you remember the Figure8 that Alfred E.M. had where the maker took the cutoff and welded it back on as a palm swell? I bet there is a photo floating around here. Never saw another like it.
I bin looking for that one he had was having trouble finding it . Always thought it was cool

Discussion starter · #32 ·
Discussion starter · #33 ·
I went to a climbing shop to get a few of these for slingshots.. They had no idea what they were. Did you get yours online?
Ya Amazon we pay little more than our USA 🇺🇸 friends but we can get them . You never use these to climb there not stamped with any rating of weigh or anything like that . Sure a stamped one be more 20 dollars for two but make a good slingshot

Discussion starter · #40 ·
Man tell me about it. We took it down because we moved but I had to mount that freaking thing to the ceiling lmao what fun that was 🤣 but it was pretty cool I used it to pop my back quite often
Can we expect some aero silk ribbon card cuts out ya for daily shooter thread 🙃 I have definitely sit that one out dude haha

Discussion starter · #44 ·
I just about shot my coffee out of my nose just now.
The company I work for go right out for a Christmas party I mean leave your wallet at home and enjoy the ride . Owner dumps an unbelievable amount of cash into it ! Anyway one year he got them ribbon girls and I was in awe man just unbelievable the talent of them woman

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.