.030"1025.00%
.040"1640.00%
Theraband Gold922.50%
other, please explain37.50%

·
Premium Member
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
.040" latex is my personal favorite and the favored material of several top shooters in the USA. However, not many folks shoot with it due to it's general lack of popularity... Which I cannot fathom. It shoots hard and fast and lasts a long time. Often one can see double band power with a single layer.

As such, we would be happy to stock this thickness of latex if we felt there was enough demand. We purchase directly from Hygeinic Corp. and this is the same latex offered by other providers.

What say ye??

Shall we stock .040" and would you purchase it? We would sell it by the lineal foot at 10.5" width, just as we do the .030" and ship internationally.

·
Premium Member
2,553 Posts
Nathan,

I got to shoot some of the .040 latex that I got from you at the Summer Nationals. It makes a great bandset. I also saw what it could do in the hands of some of those top shooters...it was awesome. I had forgotten about that set..it was the only one I had. I would like to be able to get some without having to buy full rolls.

I would also like to buy some of the .020 latex for my growing supply of pickle forks.

Todd

·
Premium Member
8,097 Posts
.040 is good stuff! Ray gave me a set at the Nats which I put on my starship. It was far and away the fastest setup I've ever shot. I've never been a big fan of .030 and I like TBG ok (but gum rubber alot better) but I like .040 enough that I'd probably even buy some
. I'd like to experiment with it in narrower, straight tapers.

·
"Mighty Can Smiter"
4,302 Posts
Nathan,

I got to shoot some of the .040 latex that I got from you at the Summer Nationals. It makes a great bandset. I also saw what it could do in the hands of some of those top shooters...it was awesome. I had forgotten about that set..it was the only one I had. I would like to be able to get some without having to buy full rolls.

I would also like to buy some of the .020 latex for my growing supply of pickle forks.

Todd
I would have to agree with .02... Way back I got a bulk order from somewhere of .02 by mistake (was suppose to be .03)... I found this latex to be pretty awesome (especially doubled up)... they are thin and need cared for, but light and zippy for sure.

LGD

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
If you want to know what .040 latex will do, watch this video where Gamekeeper John tests a set made by me. It was tapered from 1" down to 11/16ths.

·
Super Moderator
5,159 Posts
I've had good results with .050 in cuts as small as 12.7mm (1/2 inch). Good stuff and lasts a long time. Not sure about speed, because I haven't shot any since I got my chronograph, but I buried a .50 cal lead ball almost 1 inch deep in one of my palm trees with a 1x3/4 inch x 8 inches set.

·
Registered
4,729 Posts
Yes, I am a big fan of .04 latex. It provides the speed with a light enough pull weight to give me a band set I love. The taper I use is not the best for longevity but I rightly don't care.

Though all things being fair. If the elastic will throw a projectile, I am happy.

·
Premium Member
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes, I am a big fan of .04 latex. It provides the speed with a light enough pull weight to give me a band set I love. The taper I use is not the best for longevity but I rightly don't care.

Though all things being fair. If the elastic will throw a projectile, I am happy.
Truth you speak Ray

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
The thicker the rubber the slower the speed with the same amount of stretch and pull weight. Right now I am working on a system to get a lot more shots out of thinner latex on any slingshot. -- Tex

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
The thicker the rubber the slower the speed with the same amount of stretch and pull weight. Right now I am working on a system to get a lot more shots out of thinner latex on any slingshot. -- Tex
Well, it will be a real gift to us all if you come up with anything, Bill. I'm waiting with baited breath.

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
I have made some progress already. -- Tex

·
Registered
885 Posts
I have not tried .040 latex yet but if you end up selling them I'd definitely be interested in trying them!

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
By all means stock up on .040 natural latex sheet Nathan. If I were to have but one kind of band material, this would be the one.

·
Super Moderator
6,547 Posts
I use em all!!!!! Flatband

1 - 20 of 23 Posts