Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, I know this has been asked before, but I'd like the best current knowledge you experts can summon up.

Here's my problem: I've found some bandsets I really like, but because of the origin, I don't know if I can count on the supply long term.

How many years ahead can I buy without suffering shelf degradation? Is there a way to store them that will prolong their life? I know the cool dark place thing. Anything else? The freezer?

Help me out, experts.

· Registered
48 Posts
Yes, I know this has been asked before, but I'd like the best current knowledge you experts can summon up.

Here's my problem: I've found some bandsets I really like, but because of the origin, I don't know if I can count on the supply long term.

How many years ahead can I buy without suffering shelf degradation? Is there a way to store them that will prolong their life? I know the cool dark place thing. Anything else? The freezer?

Help me out, experts.
I also would like to know.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

· Registered
3,341 Posts
A got some precise left from well into last year kept in a plastic tub in sealed freezer bags in a drawer and it's still fine no much left right anuff until the weekend but still shooting it

Sent from my X24_EU using Tapatalk

· Registered
350 Posts

Help me out, experts.
i keep mine in clip lock bags in the dark stored in a small air tight icebox that technni ice Australia has, there water proof, thats the bulk but all precut bands i have in clip bags in a zippered carry bag so there in the dark. i dont think you have a problem with 2 years shelf life at least ,i dont really want to store my rubber in the freezer or fridge it would be interesting to ask the members who live in a cold climate how long there rubber lasts ask Kalevala he lives in Finland. i will message him as i would like to no myself; ive got a piece of blueberry dub dub thats just been in the bag for 4 years nothing wrong with it mate wherever you put it make sure its in the dark thats my opinion .

· Registered
650 Posts

Help me out, experts.
i keep mine in clip lock bags in the dark stored in a small air tight icebox that technni ice Australia has, there water proof, thats the bulk but all precut bands i have in clip bags in a zippered carry bag so there in the dark. i dont think you have a problem with 2 years shelf life at least ,i dont really want to store my rubber in the freezer or fridge it would be interesting to ask the members who live in a cold climate how long there rubber lasts ask Kalevala he lives in Finland. i will message him as i would like to no myself; ive got a piece of blueberry dub dub thats just been in the bag for 4 years nothing wrong with it mate wherever you put it make sure its in the dark thats my opinion .
Similar to you mate, I also keep mine in a zip lock bag and then in a small air tight box. Had some theraband in there for over 3 years still perfect however I only use it now for wrap and tuck ties for attachment to slingshot frame. Much better elastic I use now!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.