Slingshots Forum banner

LBS baby!

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Joey Jfive Lujan 
#1 ·
Hey all!! .. I finished up this custom LBS ! .. this one is a triple material tribrid ;) .. starts with a 3mm canvas micarta backing! Then ivory white layer of g10 3mm thick for the core of the frame then then a thin layer of green and yellow resin followed by a red cedar finger swell .. acrylic pins and a c.a. finish over the red cedar finger swell .. hope u guys like it! [emoji1360][emoji109] LBS BSBY!!! [emoji108][emoji6][emoji111]
edbe090af398b676159084c854401df7.jpg
06723993a72591039327319846ab7f4d.jpg
97787c67f619be16860aca3a298b5ea0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

See less See more
#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
@Joey Jfive Lujan..........Joey, I'm gonna go out on a limb here, in hopes you don't get mad at me for this, but I RESPECT your abilities too much as a builder, to not give you my full and honest opinion, which I truly think every builder wants anyway ?

I absolutely LOVE the LBS design, but the material choices, or maybe it's just the color combo on this one (?), just doesn't work for me........hard to explain, but I'm just not drawn in by this as all your others I've seen, a little disconnected from it, but maybe it's just the glaring white core of G10, and the resin and cedar just look plopped on or added as an afterthought, like the materials don't blend together so seamlessly like your other builds I've seen ?

I hope I'm not being too critical,as I'm just trying to give you honest feedback on what you post, as I would hope you'd do the same for me in return.

Love, love the LBS, just not this one ? RESPECT my friend. ( don't hate me )

#8 ·
@Joey Jfive Lujan..........Joey, I'm gonna go out on a limb here, in hopes you don't get mad at me for this, but I RESPECT your abilities too much as a builder, to not give you my full and honest opinion, which I truly think every builder wants anyway ?

I absolutely LOVE the LBS design, but the material choices, or maybe it's just the color combo on this one (?), just doesn't work for me........hard to explain, but I'm just not drawn in by this as all your others I've seen, a little disconnected from it, but maybe it's just the glaring white core of G10, and the resin and cedar just look plopped on or added as an afterthought, like the materials don't blend together so seamlessly like your other builds I've seen ?

I hope I'm not being too critical,as I'm just trying to give you honest feedback on what you post, as I would hope you'd do the same for me in return.

Love, love the LBS, just not this one ? RESPECT my friend. ( don't hate me )
Hey bud !! .. no problem!! All opinions are welcome ! . Thanks for your honesty ... we all have different tastes .. this one is really liked by some .. and maybe not others .. just like the others . If we all liked all the same stuff it would be a very strange world!! Lol .. I actually like the white g10 with the micarta .. looks somewhat classy to me ... the guy that's getting this one asked for it in these materials .. your opinion is appreciated man [emoji1360][emoji4] LBS baby! [emoji108][emoji6][emoji111]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.