Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It took about an hour of work and the result is here : 350 lead shots (i used app. 4kg of lead )

Cost : 5 €

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
Does this cylindrical ammo fly straight when shot out of a slingshot?
As straight as balls

[/quote]

I have made them like that before, cant say there was any differance from the round to fire, did find they seem to sit in the pouch better, I made mine by drilling a load of 10mm x 10mm holes in a chunk of aliminuin and just top them up, jeff

·
Registered
161 Posts
1/4 and 1/2 oz lead egg sinkers shoot good too.

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
I just cut 1/2 inch pieces from car wheel weights with large side cutters for hunting. They shoot straight for normal slingshot distances and are deadly. Tex

·
Registered
273 Posts
sometimes I used fishing lead balls. But I dont'like the fact that are half splitted. It seems taht tehy tends to open more cause pof the inertiaq and the fly is shorter than expected.

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
I use oval sinkers because I can't get roundball. They have a hole from tip to tip. They're better than split rounds, but though they look bullet shaped, they hit any way they please. End on, side on, whatever. It's random.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Splitshots IMHO are too irregular causing it to go off course. I have mostly used round lead balls of different cal. they do fly straighter but i dont think that round balls penetrate or do as much damage as torpedo shaped/ other irregular shaped sinkers.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts