Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Hi,

I am learning butterfly style for a few weeks now, and i really love it.

This is a little video taken with the help of my girl friend this evening

Here, i shot a beer can (i had to drink it
) at 10 m

As i could see, i can draw farther i think....

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
Good! Looks like you got it. I guess we'll all have to learn this now.

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,647 Posts
Very nice video and shooting ....

I heard that A+ Slingshots will be offering "Butterfly Style" Bands on their website in a week or two. A little something new for all you aspiring slingshot artists who want more time to shoot and so look for products of high quality and great value.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Very nice video and shooting ....

I heard that A+ Slingshots will be offering "Butterfly Style" Bands on their website in a week or two. A little something new for all you aspiring slingshot artists who want more time to shoot and so look for products of high quality and great value.
Boy that guy at A+ sure is on the cutting edge of slingshot trends! How does he do it!?!
No seriously now, I must have watched 5 deferent videos on people shooting butterfly stile today, and I asked myself," I wonder how my new PS-1 would shoot in butterfly style?". Our German buddies are cranking out near 300fps and actually hitting stuff with light to moderate pull. Cool!

So, what kind of rubber are you going to use? Torsten seems to be using black Theraband. Check out the 300+ fps out of a pocket shooter: http://slingshotforum.com/topic/1403-highspeed-bandset-chrony-test-video/

It looks like I already have an order forming for bands and target steel soon!

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Perry, see you're practicing shameless self promotion. Good for you, great idea producing those bands for the more adventurous of us. Me, I'd probably shoot myself in the head if I tried.

·
Registered
331 Posts
The first thing the wife tells me is that my ears and head are too big to try that! Well, ya got arm guards in archery, maybe I need an ear guard.

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,647 Posts
Boy that guy at A+ sure is on the cutting edge of slingshot trends! ...So, what kind of rubber are you going to use? Torsten seems to be using black Theraband.
Hey friend,
I may offer some black... but I will definitely offer some in "gold" which is my favorite. I haven't made up my mind about the black for several reasons. The black is so thin and delicate it may not be ideal for making and selling commercially. I'm testing it and the gold now and will decide in a bit.

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,647 Posts
Perry, I see you're practicing shameless self promotion. Good for you, great idea producing those bands for the more adventurous of us. Me, I'd probably shoot myself in the head if I tried.
Thanks Harper.....
sometimes a man just has to speak up!!! LOL ... The bands should provide another fun option for shooters! I like trying new (again) things and I just figure others might too.

Please everybody be careful!!!!! The last thing we need is our wives/ girlfreinds saying to us with folded arms and angry scowl.... "So you actually shot your ear off with those stupid slingshots!!!! Who would have guessed, I thought it was going to be an eye."

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Perry, I see you're practicing shameless self promotion. Good for you, great idea producing those bands for the more adventurous of us. Me, I'd probably shoot myself in the head if I tried.
Thanks Harper.....
sometimes a man just has to speak up!!! LOL ... The bands should provide another fun option for shooters! I like trying new (again) things and I just figure others might too.

Please everybody be careful!!!!! The last thing we need is our wives/ girlfreinds saying to us with folded arms and angry scowl.... "So you actually shot your ear off with those stupid slingshots!!!! Who would have guessed, I thought it was going to be an eye."

[/quote]
I can't imagine peashootergirl doing any such thing - maybe more like " done playing *now*? back to sawdust makin!"
Folded arms and a scowl?...nerp...not seein that.
As far as bandlife on the black vs gold - it really will depend on the taper cut. I feel the black has more advantages - pricing, ease of draw, along with less pouch material as the main ones. Aesthetics are another -The gold... it has it's place and a soft spot in my heart, yet the black band looks better to me and I rank it right up with the natural gum for looks.
Can't wait for your new band line - I want a set or two on hand.

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,647 Posts
Skit that is so true about Peashootergirl!!!':0) I am really quite blessed!!!
I too am thinking favorably toward the black. In my tests so far they are quite amazing!!! Though I'm not a great "butterfly band" shooter yet.... Today I test shot them a bit with 3/8" steel ball ammo at 8 and 10 paces...24ft. and 30ft. respectively. Since I have a large supply of empty spar varnish spray cans I often use them for plinking. They are quite strong but when I hit them it tore right through.... even both sides at times. (I'll put up some pics in a bit.)

·
11,245 Posts
Perry, What size did you cut those bands? I didn't get that result. I couldn't even penetrate a coke can with 3/8 steel. My bands were 2" to 1-1/4", and 6" long. I didn't get very many shots, maybe 40 or 50. I was wicked impressed with their easy draw and speed.

edit: I was shooting at 10 yards.

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,647 Posts
Perry, What size did you cut those bands? I didn't get that result. I couldn't even penetrate a coke can with 3/8 steel. My bands were 2" to 1-1/4", and 6" long. I didn't get very many shots, maybe 40 or 50. I was wicked impressed with their easy draw and speed.

4cm x 2cm x 30cm Awesome bands!!!! My "Butterfly Stance" draw is about 56"... Someone taller with longer arms would even get a bit more speed.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts

4cm x 2cm x 30cm Awesome bands!!!! My "Butterfly Stance" draw is about 56"... Someone taller with longer arms would even get a bit more speed.
[/quote]

*My* length but a bit wider than what I tested ...and more way more powerful than the taper I used. I was more interested in ease of draw (ya ya I'm *weak* these days) 2,3 x 1,2 x 30 is where I was in my comfort zone - Very easy yet still had the range I wanted - 200' with ease. just sayin. (ps smaller pouch
)

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,647 Posts
"Skit... smaller pouch"

I'm using the Pouch I originally designed for my Baby BB Shooter. It's perfect for the Butterfly Bands as well.

·
11,245 Posts
Thanks guys. I will be experimenting myself today if it don't rain.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts