Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,638 Posts
Very nice video and shooting ....

I heard that A+ Slingshots will be offering "Butterfly Style" Bands on their website in a week or two. A little something new for all you aspiring slingshot artists who want more time to shoot and so look for products of high quality and great value.

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,638 Posts
Boy that guy at A+ sure is on the cutting edge of slingshot trends! ...So, what kind of rubber are you going to use? Torsten seems to be using black Theraband.
Hey friend,
I may offer some black... but I will definitely offer some in "gold" which is my favorite. I haven't made up my mind about the black for several reasons. The black is so thin and delicate it may not be ideal for making and selling commercially. I'm testing it and the gold now and will decide in a bit.

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,638 Posts
Perry, I see you're practicing shameless self promotion. Good for you, great idea producing those bands for the more adventurous of us. Me, I'd probably shoot myself in the head if I tried.
Thanks Harper.....
sometimes a man just has to speak up!!! LOL ... The bands should provide another fun option for shooters! I like trying new (again) things and I just figure others might too.

Please everybody be careful!!!!! The last thing we need is our wives/ girlfreinds saying to us with folded arms and angry scowl.... "So you actually shot your ear off with those stupid slingshots!!!! Who would have guessed, I thought it was going to be an eye."

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,638 Posts
Skit that is so true about Peashootergirl!!!':0) I am really quite blessed!!!
I too am thinking favorably toward the black. In my tests so far they are quite amazing!!! Though I'm not a great "butterfly band" shooter yet.... Today I test shot them a bit with 3/8" steel ball ammo at 8 and 10 paces...24ft. and 30ft. respectively. Since I have a large supply of empty spar varnish spray cans I often use them for plinking. They are quite strong but when I hit them it tore right through.... even both sides at times. (I'll put up some pics in a bit.)

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,638 Posts
Perry, What size did you cut those bands? I didn't get that result. I couldn't even penetrate a coke can with 3/8 steel. My bands were 2" to 1-1/4", and 6" long. I didn't get very many shots, maybe 40 or 50. I was wicked impressed with their easy draw and speed.

edit: I was shooting at 10 yards.
4cm x 2cm x 30cm Awesome bands!!!! My "Butterfly Stance" draw is about 56"... Someone taller with longer arms would even get a bit more speed.

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,638 Posts
"Skit... smaller pouch"

I'm using the Pouch I originally designed for my Baby BB Shooter. It's perfect for the Butterfly Bands as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.