Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Perry, I see you're practicing shameless self promotion. Good for you, great idea producing those bands for the more adventurous of us. Me, I'd probably shoot myself in the head if I tried.
Thanks Harper.....
sometimes a man just has to speak up!!! LOL ... The bands should provide another fun option for shooters! I like trying new (again) things and I just figure others might too.

Please everybody be careful!!!!! The last thing we need is our wives/ girlfreinds saying to us with folded arms and angry scowl.... "So you actually shot your ear off with those stupid slingshots!!!! Who would have guessed, I thought it was going to be an eye."

[/quote]
I can't imagine peashootergirl doing any such thing - maybe more like " done playing *now*? back to sawdust makin!"
Folded arms and a scowl?...nerp...not seein that.
As far as bandlife on the black vs gold - it really will depend on the taper cut. I feel the black has more advantages - pricing, ease of draw, along with less pouch material as the main ones. Aesthetics are another -The gold... it has it's place and a soft spot in my heart, yet the black band looks better to me and I rank it right up with the natural gum for looks.
Can't wait for your new band line - I want a set or two on hand.

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Perry, What size did you cut those bands? I didn't get that result. I couldn't even penetrate a coke can with 3/8 steel. My bands were 2" to 1-1/4", and 6" long. I didn't get very many shots, maybe 40 or 50. I was wicked impressed with their easy draw and speed.

edit: I was shooting at 10 yards.
4cm x 2cm x 30cm Awesome bands!!!! My "Butterfly Stance" draw is about 56"... Someone taller with longer arms would even get a bit more speed.
[/quote]

*My* length but a bit wider than what I tested ...and more way more powerful than the taper I used. I was more interested in ease of draw (ya ya I'm *weak* these days) 2,3 x 1,2 x 30 is where I was in my comfort zone - Very easy yet still had the range I wanted - 200' with ease. just sayin. (ps smaller pouch
)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.