Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I've only really ever shot ttf with flats and more recently tubes in full loops, both of which I've got the hang of. After seeing some of the slings you've shared, I've got a hankering to learn OTT with flats. I find I'm shooting really high though. I've tried adjusting my anchor point but still my shots are going atleast a foot high, even with my anchor point at the top of my ear and I'm not comfortable going any higher. Does anyone know where I might be going wrong? I'm shooting with a uniphoxx and chunky milbro mk1, so maybe a wider fork might suit me better. Any excuse to get a new sling ! When I shoot ttf or a dk with narrow forks I don't have this problem. I've got a wasp delta wing on it's way which has 96mm fork so that might be better. If you guys have any tips for me, I would really appreciate it.

Hoe you're all having a merry Christmas

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,205 Posts
The only think I know to tell you is check The simple stuff, like making sure both bands are the EXACT same. And there the same lengths. Make sure your ties look the same. And even if everything looks right. Switch bandsets and try again. Also you have to tie your bands at the pouch differently for ott and ttf. I can go back and forth between ott and ttf and nothing changes for me.

Hope this helps.
And a very merry Christmas to you as well.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
When I shoot high, it is typically because I rushed the shot and was not careful with my form, or I did not follow through and keep my eye on the aiming point, or a combination of the two. So, I go through my shot sequence; feet hip distance apart and slightly pigeon-toed, weight evenly distributed between both fee, abdomen engaged, good posture, full draw and anchor, elbow high, acquire the target and stay focused on the aiming point until after the shot hits the target.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
My guess --- When you anchor high on your ear there is a chance that you are pulling down on the pouch when you release, rather than a straight back follow-through. Focus on your release to be sure you are not plucking down with the pouch. I make this mistake sometimes and the shot always goes high.

·
Registered
603 Posts
My guess --- When you anchor high on your ear there is a chance that you are pulling down on the pouch when you release, rather than a straight back follow-through. Focus on your release to be sure you are not plucking down with the pouch. I make this mistake sometimes and the shot always goes high.
Exactly . . . probably the "bump effect" off the lower finger.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you guys, I can see what you mean, I need to work on my follow through and consistency in my stance. I feel as though I need to stop swapping from ttf to ott to loops every day in order to get particularly good at either one ! I think shooting with some really light draw bands for a bit might do me good so I can focus more on my form rather than aiming before my arms give way

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts