Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes sir! Love me some peppers. I'm not familiar with those varieties, are they super hot? I grow sweet bells, jalapenos, and habaneros for seasoning chili. Never pickled them but I bet they'd be great on sammiches. Great color- (y)
Not super hot, but hotter than jalapenos. The Dracula peppers are an heirloom pepper. They look great in the garden. The flowers are black and purple. The peppers start off black, to deep purple. Ready to pick when they turn blood red. The Bombs are a slightly hotter version of the common cherry pepper. Love 'em on a sammie!

·
Neophyte
2,196 Posts
My mom would have loved some of that :) One time we had some young missionaries over for tacos and burritos. Mom always made her own hot salsa as we lived in late 80's eastern KY. One of the young missionaries started to brag about the way he grew up out west and how he loved hot food and how he couldn't find anything hot enough out here. Well time to fill plates came around and mom offered the young fellow some of her home made salsa and we all cautioned him that he did not want any of that. Well of course he loaded his food up with the stuff and we sat down to eat. As soon as prayer was said the missionary tore into the food. We could watch him slow up and then stop and start sweating and turning red. Mom politely asked if he would like another plate of food and he replied yes ma'am if it is not too much trouble. Mom always cooked for an army when the missionaries were coming over so there was plenty for him to get another plate. When he came back to the table there was not one drop of hot sauce or salsa on that plate lol. :)

I did not get mom's taste for hot stuff, it doesn't take much heat at all to have me tap out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts