Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Probably the first thing I see from Bill Hays that I don't like. Thankfully they are only prototypes, so Bill didnt like them too ????

Reactions: Tag

·
Premium Member
4,031 Posts
Did any if these make it into production in HDPE

attachicon.gif
x320.jpg
Lol... that's the biggest problem when you come up with so many different designs.

This design is in the templates section though... have at it!

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
I am constantly checking Bill's site for the aluminium version of this and the opfs.
I like em!
And those flips that Tag got from Bill!
Yeah boy! Those are sweet as pie.

Hahaha..
Bill ypu post popped up as I was posting. I dig how you share your designs... and yeah, that is a problem. But not too bad of a problem to have from a slinger's point of view.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
I am constantly checking Bill's site for the aluminium version of this and the opfs.
I like em!

Hahaha..
Bill ypu post popped up as I was posting. I dig how you share your designs... and yeah, that is a problem. But not too bad of a problem to have from a slinger's point of view.
Aye Pat you got a proper OPFS yet mate or no?

Sent using two thumbs and Tapatalk.

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
I like em!
Hahaha..
I do and do not... the materials are prepped... but I had some family time. I will finish some time this week.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
I like em!
Hahaha..
I do and do not... the materials are prepped... but I had some family time. I will finish some time this week.
No worries man thats great! Just wondered if I could interest you in one by Chef :)

Reactions: Tag

·
Premium Member
4,031 Posts
I dig em, I like that style of frame.

Whadda ya say Bill, approximately how many would you have to sell to make it worth doing? Of course there are many personal factors that are hard to put a price on.
Welllll..... for injection molding, it would be around 1500 or so frames to start making money... at about $20 per frame.

For simply knocking something out in HDPE, just the amount of time it takes to make a proper template (maybe 45 minutes) and then about 15 minutes to make the slingshot.... so I usually make at least 20 at a time... brings down the average time per slingshot and makes it worthwhile.... So 20 in HDPE is the answer.

For 1/2" aluminum.... since I already made CAD drawings, then it would be the cost of the aluminum, plus the cost of cutting, plus the time back and forth, plus the per hassle of dealing with the waterjet guys.... So I'd say around 20 frames in 6061 aluminum as well.

HDPE would run around $20 each... Aluminum would be around $20 for a 1/2" thick blank, and $15 for a 1/4" thick blank... a finished aluminum would be about 25 - $30 added to the blank cost, because of the amount of time and tools I'd have to use to get it done.

BUT, I wouldn't be able to get to it for probably 2 weeks.... This week we've got the SEST, and I'm busy every day until then and what little spare time I have I need to practice some so I don't look like a complete newb (Daranda's been practicing more than me, and she's already made me feel bad enough).... and then the week after I'll be making up for the time I took off for the SEST plus I have to spend some time with our 3D engineers finalizing some designs before they go to the mold makers.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.