Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this design by The Gopher
http://slingshotforum.com/topic/5196-small-aluminum-plate-shooter/
and wanted it! However, until my arm gets better, metalworking is out of the question. Setup and clamping, plus turning the wheels on my homebrew milling setup are just too awkward with one hand.
However..... I CAN do a little bit of woodworking, if I keep it simple.
So this is where my fancy took me:

The wrist lanyard is absolutely mandatory, or this little guy will closely follow the bullet downrange.

Two improvements I will make: Shorter band set, and wider/deeper grooves to retain the band set.
Now if only my arm would heal up, I can put this thing to work!

·
Resigned
1,142 Posts
Excellent use of the chained #64's and good to see Gopher's Credit Card Shooter making the rounds.

Please do keep us posted of any further projects......I personally use leather gypsy tabs to connect my chains to slingshots and it may work for you here too.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
nice work.

JMP, this is different than the credit card shooter, a bit bigger and has more body to it.

I'll post the drawing in the shared forum when i get the drawing cleaned up.

I've shot mine without a wrist strap and didn't have a problem. but a strap would make me feel a bit more comfortable

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Probably the neatest thing about this design, and one which was half planning, half luck, is the way the wrist lanyard works. It's at just the right angle, and just the right length, so that it "locks" the slingshot into a proper grip. You almost have to pull the finger grooves up into your hand, but once you do, it's held as firmly and comfortably as you could ask for. I love it.

·
Resigned
943 Posts
That's a nice variation on the credit card shooter theme, I like these they are a lot of fun to shoot.
I have another one I'm working on that's a little larger and Ive changed the shape to fit my hand better.
Martin

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
this one is bigger than the credit card shooter.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, this guy is slightly bigger than 4"x4", and about 3/4" thick.
Gopher, my apologies for not asking if I could use your concept. I'm a little dumb about stuff like that sometimes. I hope you aren't offended.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
no need to apologize, all my designs are intended for public use. If i ever come up with a design that i plan to sell and want to keep secret, i wouldn't post it until it's commercial.

I was goign to put this design in the shared section (it is now) but i had not gotten aroudn to it.

Bottom line, if i post a slingshot on this website it is public

How do you like it? I am intrigued by little tiny slignshots that can fit anywhere.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.