Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this design by The Gopher
http://slingshotforum.com/topic/5196-small-aluminum-plate-shooter/
and wanted it! However, until my arm gets better, metalworking is out of the question. Setup and clamping, plus turning the wheels on my homebrew milling setup are just too awkward with one hand.
However..... I CAN do a little bit of woodworking, if I keep it simple.
So this is where my fancy took me:

The wrist lanyard is absolutely mandatory, or this little guy will closely follow the bullet downrange.

Two improvements I will make: Shorter band set, and wider/deeper grooves to retain the band set.
Now if only my arm would heal up, I can put this thing to work!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Probably the neatest thing about this design, and one which was half planning, half luck, is the way the wrist lanyard works. It's at just the right angle, and just the right length, so that it "locks" the slingshot into a proper grip. You almost have to pull the finger grooves up into your hand, but once you do, it's held as firmly and comfortably as you could ask for. I love it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, this guy is slightly bigger than 4"x4", and about 3/4" thick.
Gopher, my apologies for not asking if I could use your concept. I'm a little dumb about stuff like that sometimes. I hope you aren't offended.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.