Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a great forum! I found a bag of clay slingshot ammo and didn't know what it was so I did a little internettin' which eventually led me to this sight. I still have my Wrist Rocket that I bought in 1960 at the age of 9. As a kid, a hand full of marbles and that slingshot were an every day thing. I have quite a few questions which I will get to eventually. Thanks for being here.

·
Missing Barns and Telling Yarns
955 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Do your bands on the wrist rocket still hold up?

Reactions: hoggy

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes I still have the old Wrist Rocket. As a kid I didn't have the wrist strength to shoot a tubular band slingshot until I bought it. I liked to use marbles because they were cheap, if i recall 25 cents/100. I put half a dozen in my cheek so I could spit another one into the pouch to reload quickly. Marbles, for me, had the perfect size and weight. Also, because I had them in my mouth, I would occasionally swallow one and they went down easily and passed out the other end unnoticed. I had a friend whose father was a cop so we were able to access the police firing range. We sifted out 38 caliber wad cutter bullets. They had good size and weight also but don't put them in your mouth.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'd go through a set of bands fairly often. I hadn't used my WR in years but a couple of years ago I was in Wal-Mart and found a set in their sporting goods. I used to be able to shoot the eye out of a gnat at 50 feet but I'm pretty rusty.

·
Registered
5,712 Posts
Welcome! I recommend getting a set of flatbands to put on your WR from any of the vendors here. SimpleShot has a vid on how to fit them. You will like them way better than big box tubes IMHO.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Flipgun, can you possibly provide a link to that video? I would surely like to see it. Ghost0311, where is the shoot taking place? Thanks, G

1 - 17 of 17 Posts