Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,836 Posts
I like to keep numbers but have been horrible with these numbers. I always say I want to or should count shots on this or that bandset but never end up doing it. Sadly, I am just left with a gut feeling for how long my bands last. That and enough education and experience to know how bad gut feelings, especially mine, are.

·
Super Moderator
1,836 Posts
There is an archery guy I follow who took 100 shots a day for 100 days and scored every shot. Was cool to watch his video as he tracked the improvement. And I'll agree with Stankard757 above- seems like a lot of work and would take the fun out of it. But it was fun to watch the short video of someone else doing it!

·
Registered
850 Posts
Yes. After drooling over various exercise trackers, I read an article about keeping a daily exercise log. It works - and the $ that I saved by not indulging in that whim was put to better use buying slingshots.

I spend a few minutes each day recording the weather, my daily steps and notes about exercise class w/ my wife. I also make notes about which frame I shot, band adjustments (I shoot the same bands and pouches on all my frames) consistency, accuracy, grip, release, follow-through and any advice to myself for the next shooting session. From this I learned something that everyone here already knows. Pick one slingshot and stick with it. While the HDF honorary Wing is currently circulating among interested forum members, I am focusing on my PP SERE.

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
Same here, I'd like to think a journal or meticulous notes would be nice but I just like to go out and shoot and call it good.

It's the same with my bicycles, people always ask how far I've ridden or what my average speed was. I could really care less, if I'm out riding I'm happy.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
The only time I kept a log, of sorts, was ages ago when figuring out my preferred bandset. Just so I had a general idea of how many shots it could last. Band material has changed since then and I have not taken the time to update or take note of bandlife unless it "feels" like it was unusually short lived. If you are consistent with your band setup, ammo and frame I find my focus then gets to be down range and how my groups are. :twocents:

·
Mojave Mo
5,373 Posts
No joke. I am starting today. I have been living in the space of a 7 year old brain when it comes to elastic. I would find my elastic, stretch it, smell it, feel it out and make it work. This last week of doing just that resulted in 4 out of 5 shooting days trying to 'dial it in'. I was swapping frames, bands, tubes, and finally a psuedo 2040 tubeset to get my clay ammo to fly straight. I guess I need to grow up and do it right!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello. From April of 2020 to now I have been using a spiral index pad. For cans I record 10 sets of ten shots = 100 shot and I get my percentage. For paper targets I take 4sets of 25 shots =100 shots and I get my percentage. I use two paper targets at a time and shoot 12 at one and 13 at the other so there are not 25 holes making an unreadable mess. For spinner I shoot 4 sets of 25 shots and count my hits and get my percentage. easy peezy I shoot the same slingshot, ammo ,wt. bands at 10 meters. Set up your index card before you shoot and then just fill it in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.