Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, sorry if this is wrong section, it's my first topic.

Basically I'm looking to buy a slingshot that is capable of sending a 9.5 steel ball (approximately 5.5grams) at a velocity of 70 metres/230 feet per second preferably with a light draw length. The slingshot should be made of wood and have a nice smooth finish that is impermeable to water. I would like for it to be small enough in my pocket. The most important criteria is that is accurate, I want to be able to consistently hit a tennis ball from a distance of 10 metres, I'm prepared to practice as long as it takes to achieve this, I just want to be the limiting factor - not the slingshot!

I will measure my draw length and take a picture of my left hand - I have large hands - later.

Cheers,

Sam

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
you might want to check with hunter catapults who is a vendor here (fish) his bands may be a little strong but could be switched easily....
FYI the accuracy of a slingshot primarily comes from the shooter not the frame... if you don't mind the shipping costs from the U.S. you could check into Bunnybuster, Flatband or A+ slingshots.

·
1,426 Posts
you might want to check with hunter catapults who is a vendor here (fish) his bands may be a little strong but could be switched easily....
FYI the accuracy of a slingshot primarily comes from the shooter not the frame... if you don't mind the shipping costs from the U.S. you could check into Bunnybuster, Flatband or A+ slingshots.
OK, I like the look of the A+ slingshots, especially the ones made from
Dark Walnut w/ Urethane Varnish, can anyone test them with a chronograph for me please?

·
Registered
525 Posts
harpersgrace is right hunter catapults are great slingshots they are lightweight,small enough to fit in to a pocket and are pretty idestructable.
and the accuracy comes with putting the bands on straight, if they are not straight it can the your ammo off everywhere but if you practise enough you will be able to hit almost any thing.
hope you fing a good slingshot!!

·
Registered
525 Posts
there is a video on youtube testing aplus slingshots here is the link:

·
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
there is a video on youtube testing aplus slingshots here is the link: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=kcb_MUl89T4
Thanks, I had actually already seen it, Joerg actually sparked my interest in slingshots! Looking at them, I think the PS-2 would be ideal, buying one for $35 will make me feel like a criminal!

I would really like it made from the wood pictured here.

·
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just watched the video again, I've just calculated that the largest one produces a muzzle energy of 33 joules, which is incredible! Unfortunately I can only find 9.5mm steel balls in affordable quantities on the internet, so I would appreciate it if the designer of my slingshot could orientate the bands they fit my slingshot with around shooting a 9.5mm steel balls; because I only recently turned 18 and don't have arms like Joergs!

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,647 Posts
Hello Sam no problem!!!
You just need my "Gold Winner" bands on that Multiplex PS-2 in Dark Walnut stain.
PM or email me at [email protected] and I'll send you out an invoice to pay.
All the best,
Perry

1 - 8 of 8 Posts