Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I’ve been shooting Warrior microfiber “samurai” pouches for a few years, but looked in my parts box and have somehow run out. I went to order more and Etsy tells me they’re on a break - not sure if they’re making anymore?

Anyway, Im looking for some pouch recommendations to get me through at least for now. I usually shoot 7/16” steel and like the extra grip on those Warrior microfiber pouches as compared to something like their kangaroo pouches.

Thanks!

·
Registered
433 Posts
I just use SimpleShot microfiber pouches. Cheap and last forever. I also have some of their kangaroo pouches too. Which are really nice to shoot but pricy. I might switch to them though if they end up lasting long enough to justify the price.

I used to use GZK pit pouches too. But I haven’t made a GZK order to restock in awhile and they don’t have anything I want to reach that $80 minimum order threshold. Hence the switch to SS pouches.

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
Warrior, Simpleshot and SureShot here.
Hello
Since I do already leatherwork, I have decided to make slingshot pouches. Soon they will be available in my Etsy shop.
My Slingshot / catapult pouches are made from a Strong Kangaroo leather, Sheep double side leather, and Crazy Horse Cowhide leather
Since I do leatherwork, I decided to create my own slingshot pouches.
When I decided to create these slingshot pouches I had the following objectives:
1- The pouch must be lightweight
2- The pouch must be durable and feels nice to the touch
3- The pouch must feel nice when you hold it
4- The pouch should not be expensive yet durable
5- The pouch should be something that I will use

The Kangaroo, Sheep double side and the Crazy Horse Cowhide leather are very good quality leather. It’s extremely strong, lightweight, soft to the touch, and supple.
I will be offering three (3) types of leather pouches. My pouches are Die-cut made from quality Kangaroo leather, Sheep double side leather, and Crazy Horse Cowhide leather. Very strong and super nice to the touch and will last a long time.

KM type - Made from (2-3 oz 0.8 mm - 1.2 mm) Strong Matte Black Kangaroo leather
CC type - Made from (3-4 oz 1.2 mm - 1.6 mm) Cowhide Crazy Horse Rustic leather
DS type - Made from (2-3 oz 0.8 mm - 1.2 mm) Sheep double side leather (Feels very nice)

Available size and shaps (Rectangular)
==============================
N 002 68x17 #Suggested Ammo: 3/8” (9.5mm) - 5/8” (16mm)
N 001 63x15 #Suggested Ammo: 5/16” (8mm)-1/2” (12mm)
N 007 53x13 #Suggested Ammo: 5/16” (8mm)-1/2” (12mm)

Available size and shaps (Oval)
========================
N 003 65x21 Oval #Suggested Ammo: 3/8” (9.5mm) - 5/8” (16mm)
N 006 61x18 Oval #Suggested Ammo: 5/16” (8mm)-1/2” (12mm)
N 004 45x15 Oval #Suggested Ammo: 1/4” (6mm) - 3/8” (9.5mm)

Price in Canadian Dollar. One (1) US $ = 1.27 CAN $
========================================
pouches Single Layer Cowhide Crazy Horse Leather (3-4 oz 1.2 mm - 1.6 mm)
10 = CA$15
20 = CA$25

pouches Double Layer Sheep Leather (3-4 oz 1.2 mm - 1.6 mm)
10 = CA$20
20 = CA$35

pouches Single Layer Kangaroo Leather (2-3 oz 0.8 mm - 1.2 mm)
10 = CA$25
20 = CA$45

pouches Double Layer Kangaroo Leather (4-5 oz 1.6 mm - 2.0 mm)
10 = CA$35
20 = CA$65

Peace

·
Super Moderator
2,640 Posts
Reed it's on his IG here's a cpl of screen shots if it helps 🎯👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿👊👌
Reed it's on his IG here's a cpl of screen shots if it helps 🎯👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿👊👌
Nope, no gzk shop comes up. Some branded rolls, but there's no shop to be found under GZK or gzkchina...

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Nope, no gzk shop comes up. Some branded rolls, but there's no shop to be found under GZK or gzkchina...
Even using the links on his Instagram 🤔🎯👌👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Attachments

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Hello
Since I do already leatherwork, I have decided to make slingshot pouches. Soon they will be available in my Etsy shop.
My Slingshot / catapult pouches are made from a Strong Kangaroo leather, Sheep double side leather, and Crazy Horse Cowhide leather
Since I do leatherwork, I decided to create my own slingshot pouches.
When I decided to create these slingshot pouches I had the following objectives:
1- The pouch must be lightweight
2- The pouch must be durable
3- The pouch must feel nice when you hold it
4- The pouch should not be expensive yet durable
5- The pouch should be something that I will use

The Kangaroo, Sheep double side and the Crazy Horse Cowhide leather are very good quality leather. It’s extremely strong, lightweight, soft to the touch, and supple.
I will be offering three (3) types of leather pouches. My pouches are cut by hand and made to order.
KM type - Made from (2-3 oz 0.8 mm - 1.2 mm) Strong Matte Black Kangaroo leather
CC type - Made from (3-4 oz 1.2 mm - 1.6 mm) Cowhide Crazy Horse Rustic leather
DS type - Made from (2-3 oz 0.8 mm - 1.2 mm) Sheep double side leather (Feels very nice)

Available size and shaps (Rectangular)
==============================
N 002 68x17 #Suggested Ammo: 3/8” (9.5mm) - 5/8” (16mm)
N 001 63x15 #Suggested Ammo: 5/16” (8mm)-1/2” (12mm)
N 007 53x13 #Suggested Ammo: 5/16” (8mm)-1/2” (12mm)

Available size and shaps (Oval)
========================
N 003 65x21 Oval #Suggested Ammo: 3/8” (9.5mm) - 5/8” (16mm)
N 006 61x18 Oval #Suggested Ammo: 5/16” (8mm)-1/2” (12mm)
N 004 45x15 Oval #Suggested Ammo: 1/4” (6mm) - 3/8” (9.5mm)

Price in Canadian Dollar. One (1) US $ = 1.27 CAN $
========================================
pouches Single Layer Cowhide Crazy Horse Leather (3-4 oz 1.2 mm - 1.6 mm)
10 = CA$15
20 = CA$25

pouches Double Layer Sheep Leather (3-4 oz 1.2 mm - 1.6 mm)
10 = CA$20
20 = CA$35

pouches Single Layer Kangaroo Leather (2-3 oz 0.8 mm - 1.2 mm)
10 = CA$25
20 = CA$45

pouches Double Layer Kangaroo Leather (4-5 oz 1.6 mm - 2.0 mm)
10 = CA$35
20 = CA$65

Peace
Hey @Adonis , I'm interested, but I can't find your shop. Could you give me a hint how to find it? When I follow your link is says I'm not authorized to modify the information, whatever that means...

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
I forgot to add to my above...

One time I took a chance on some pouches from a long time member here in the Sales section, who was getting out of the slingshot hobby. I purchased 100+ pouches that he had made with a die, for a decent price. They all failed

Stick with reputable makers. Your eyes, frame and surrounding shooting area will appreciate it, as will your wallet in the long run.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Thanks Hoss! Do you order straight from GZK? I’ll admit I’ve never ordered from them because I worry about sending personal info to any company overseas.
I have placed several orders directly with him, I've never had any issues what so ever.

I just received a order from him last week, I loaded up on the pouches.

Here's a link to the ones I that I ordered.

Sent from my MAX_10 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 34 Posts